Original topic:

Freezer not working

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 09:51 AM)
userfLjkDuRpMm
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model RFG298AA - Has been working for 4+ years.  Last week, freezer (on bottom) stopped working. Refrigerator (top) still works fine.  It's not that the freezer isn't cold enough; it isn't working AT ALL.  Took compressor cover off, cleaned it (wasn't too dirty). Took freezer apart and nothing looks dirty on evaporator; no frost build-up.  We do not have a water line attached so we do not use the ice maker.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Darys
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I ran into similar issue with my 4 door refrigerator. The freezer doesn't cool enough. Top refrigerator shows 37 degrees and the bottom freezer 46 degrees temperature. Even after the power freeze mode set for 3 days, there is no important... mine is just over 4 years old refrigerator!!
0 Likes
DMc695
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue in my 2018 RF22N9781. Main fridge 37 degrees and 46 degrees on my lower left side freezer, not freezing anymore. I can't get anyone local to come and fix it as they don't like working with Samsung support. Please let me know how the issue was resolved.     -Donna    

0 Likes
userLpUETLG2hl
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you actually checked the temp in the upper fridge with an independent thermometer? Just because the readout says it's at correct temp means nothing. I wondered why my milk spoiled after 2-3 days and why we were sick at night after having leftovers for dinner - but the readout said -2 and 35 so figured just my imagination. Then I got word to keep checking it - sure enough, the fridge was wayyy over 40 and we had injectable RX ($7000 supply) stored in there - AND water dripping from the ice dispenser for years too. Now it's outdoors, unplugged, with SS demanding we keep it onsite if we want prorated refund after the 3rd SS repair has failed.

0 Likes
userfLjkDuRpMm
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Fridge is working

I have given up.  I'm getting rid of it and getting a different brand.

0 Likes