cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Freezer reading -2 but not freezing

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userFED9hAsKnN
Constellation

Hi Samsung!

Similar issue with our french door fridge. The freezer hasn't worked and we've been dealing with Samsung customer service for almost a month! This is really frustrating. We lost all the food in our freezer and had to buy a separate freezer since we knew it would take a while to fix based on everything we read online.

Please see below for a summary of everything that has happened so far:

-We called Samsung on 6/29/2018 to advise of the freezer issue and they scheduled a an authorzed technician to come.

-On 7/3/2018, the authorized Samsung technician from Williston TV Repair came and advised it's a sealed system issue. Our fridge was purchased 4 years ago so we are still under the 5 year warranty since it's a sealed system issue.

-When we called back to schedule the repair, Williston TV Repair advised they have no one in the area who can fix sealed system issues.

-We called Samsung and Samsung asked us to call Best Buy Geek Squad to repair.

-We called Best Buy Geek Squad and they advised they have no one who can fix sealed system issues in our area. FYI - we live in Long Island, NY so it's not like we live in the middle of nowhere.

-We called Samsung back to ask for next steps. Th rep advised we can proceed to the exchange process once we submit the receipt.

-We contacted Sears for the receipt from 4 years ago and thank goodness they were able to send it to us.

-On 7/17/2018, we submitted the receipt on Samsung's website and followed up with Samsung but supposedly Williston TV Repair did not clearly state it's a sealed system issue. We then submitted the work order/receipt we received from Williston TV Repair that clearly states "sealed system issue".

-We were supposed to get a call back the next day but we did not. We called Samsung again and was advised Samsung will request for another evaluation from a company called AID TV and AID TV would contact us to schedule. AID TV has not called to schedule and based on their reviews online, they probably never will.

-We called Samsung again last night to follow-up and were told to call back today to process a refund.

-We called Samsung today and were told we can only get a repair and no exchange.

Now we feel completely hopeless. If your own authorized technician can't even fix the sealed system issue, who will be able to repair our fridge? We thought Samsung was a good brand and would provide good customer service if issues come up, which is the reason we purchased a Samsung fridge, dishwasher, washer, and dryer!! But a month later, the issue is still not fixed. We had to spend extra money to purchase a separate freezer and now the fridge portion seems to be malfunctioning as well. The temp inside is fluctuating a lot. Please urgently help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlV4Hi8ClEM
Constellation

I have the same issue EXACTLY

Samsung Ciustomer Service is the WORST and they have no clue what to do and simply say “we can’t help you sorry”

complaint line says the same

Highlighted
Nebula

@userlV4Hi8ClEM

I understand your frustrations and will be glad to look into your issue for you.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link below along with a brief description of the issue your experiencing.

userZEtswHLpDS
Asteroid

Yep same boat over here my ice maker stopped working after a year of having it and now I went to take meat out and all my food hundreds of dollars of food gone. It read -3 now after being on the phone with customer service for 45 min the freezer reads 41. What the heck is going on Samsung????

userlV4Hi8ClEM
Constellation

Samsung told my service rep that they were paying for my service call! He was on the phone with them in my kitchen, I heard the whole exchange!
I have an email as well saying the same thing.
They have now refused to pay the tech!!
I’m taking this public and will post the SAMSUNG email I received. NEVER EVER BUY SAMSUNG
userE5vzp2KJXN
Constellation

Same issue just happened to mine today. Doesn’t sound like Samsung will be much help... did they say what the issue was??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhhtEoirPvi
Constellation

Same thing happened to me.  I have a Samsung RFG237AARS Fridge/Freezer.  Freezer temp. is consistent at 44 degrees.  Evaporator fan will not kick on to circulate the cold air.  I replaced the motor for the evaporator fan but it is still not working.