cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEg1w8MF0nm
Constellation

Freezer stopped freezing. Fridge is fine.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # RFG295AA - both the ice maker and the freezer randomly stopped freezing. Lost a bunch of food. The temp was up in the 40’s. I unplugged the fridge to reset it. It’s now reading the temp as -2, which I set it at, except it’s not freezing anything still. Please help. This has been going on over a few days now. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWPYqmmF2CC
Constellation

Re: Freezer stopped freezing. Fridge is fine.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

stop using samsung. their customer service is horrible. they promise but do not deliver!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
userWPYqmmF2CC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

stop using samsung. their customer service is horrible. they promise but do not deliver!

View solution in original post

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. How long have you had the unit? 

userEg1w8MF0nm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was in the house we purchased almost 6 years ago. Not sure how long ago it was actually purchased. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userxlQ7C0rzyi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DONT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES. THE ARE GARBAGE

userpAimR4WkGe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The cause of your problem may be a refrigerant leak.  If Samsung is unable to help you, then try the fix suggested by this user, "userF41hSX758" titled "Freezer not freezing solution" in this forum  You can also find a helpful videos on most popular video sharing websites that show the procedure. Here is one of many: How to Add Freon To Your Refrigerator 134a .   I don't recommend you perform this repair unless your handy and take safety precautions like wearing safety glasses and gloves.   You may need to watch several other related videos since in this video an old style 134a freon can was used and the person on the video did not purge the hose line of air before adding refrigerant to the system.

However, if your desparate this may help.  Remember you perform this repair at your own risk and adding refrigerant does not identify or repair the leak in the first place.  Your best bet may be to call a local A/C repair service.  These technicians have all the tools needed to find, repair and recharge the refrigerator with freon if you can convince them to take on your job.