Original topic:

Freezer stopped freezing, but fridge works fine

(Topic created: 08-15-2021 02:38 PM)
CCW1970
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The freezer of our RF28JBEDSR/AA seems to have stopped working. The food in the freezer drawer is thawing, and the ice cubes in the trays we had there are melting. 
We checked the seals for the doors and those are all clean and undamaged. There was power outage.
The temp display shows 0. But, I used a meat thermometer and it shows 34.
The fridge is working fine. I checked the ice in the ice maker and it's frozen, with no signs of any thawing.
I put the freezer on power freeze, and will see what happens. But, I see from many others in the forum that this is a common problem, particularly for 2017 models.
This unit was purchased from JC Penney in November 2017. You can imagine how frustrated we'll be if this needs service when it's not even four years old. 
We previously had an issue with the ice maker on this unit, which was fixed by Samsung for free (even though it was out of warranty), because it was a known issue with this unit. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I apologize for the issue you are having with the freezer not cooling properly. Regrettably, yes with you completing all the suggested troubleshooting the next recommended step would be to have a technician come out for service. If you are interested in the service aspect please send me a private message here https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 with the following information: your full name, address, contact number, e-mail, place of purchase, model and serial number I will be able to assist you from there. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
CCW1970
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The Power Freeze seems to have done the trick. If we run into this problem again, I'll post here. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are happy to hear that.  Don't hesitate to reach out if needed!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes