cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Freezer temp wrong so no enough cooling. Fridge temp is OK.

I have a Samsung refrigerator model number  RF28K9380SR/AA -  a 4 door Flex refrigirator. it has been working fine for3 years

Temperature is set to 0F for freezer and 38 for fridge. A third-party thermometer i bought to help me troubleshoot the problem shows just 30F in the freezer. After unplugging the fridge for 5 minutes and re-plugging it back in, the temperature on the screen now shows 30F for freezer. The freezer starts cooling and the temperature returns slowly back to 0F on the screen, however the thermometer shows just 10F. Over the next couple of days, the temperature of the freezer again slowly increases to 30F while it continues to show 0F on the screen.

I've tried to Force Defrost it, but it did not help. Self-diagnostic has not revealed any issues.

The problem was first observed in early summer when for the first time i switched the Flex to a freezer mode. After couple of weeks or so, i've noticed ice cream was melting in the freezer, but not in the Flex. I assumed fridge cannot handle both sections to be a freezer at the same time, so i switched the Flex back to cooling mode. However, it did not help, and since then i have been unplugging the fridge 1 -2 times a week to  reset the temperature.

Couple of weeks ago, i I've switched the Flex section again to a freezer mode, and thermometer in the Flex section shows 10F while freezer section shows 30F. Flex section seem to be holding the cold much better than freezer.

The fridge section has been working fine.

Due to COVID concerns, i do not want to invite technican to come inside my house in order to troubleshoot the issue. I would prefer fixing the problem myself, if it all possible.

My concern is that the temperature reading resets after unplugging and re-plugging, which , i think,  indicates the sensor is reading freezer temperature right.  But, controlling the temperature afterwards, seem to be failing.

Could it be a controlling board issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Freezer temp wrong so no enough cooling. Fridge temp is OK.

if it is a control board issue, get ready to buy a new fridge. There seems to be an issue with electronics and extremes of heat and cold. Who knew? The manufacturers that's who. Next time, buy your big ticket appliance at Costco. Their warranty basically gives you a new appliance. They also still care about customer service. Manufacturers, not so much.
Highlighted
Constellation

it looks like FLEX killed the freezer completely.... it is now compltely dead.

i guess, inviting a technician is still an option. Otherwise, a $2000+ fridge will remain a glorifying ice maker. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?  I would be more than happy to look into this further http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.