cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

French Door Fridge - Ice Falling Behind Freezer Drawer

I bought a french door fridge (RF18HFENBSR) a few months ago and am generally happy with it. However, almost every time I open the freezer drawer, ice cubes from the ice maker fall behind the drawer. It's as though the ice maker is making too much ice. I do not see any adjustment machanism. This is quite annoying.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: French Door Fridge - Ice Falling Behind Freezer Drawer

Hey, we would love to assist you with this issue. Please send us a private message with your serial number? http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: French Door Fridge - Ice Falling Behind Freezer Drawer

Update: Samsung has been great in resolving this issue. In the end, they replaced the refrigerator under warranty, and the over production of ice seems to have been solved by the replacement.

Samsung initially arranged for a service technician to fix the issue. That technician told me that the ice maker on this refrigerator does not have a sensor to stop the production of ice and that I need to manually turn the ice maker on and off using the button located in the refrigerator compartment. Ummm, this is a $1,000+ refridgerator made by a top-notch appliance manufacturer. What an absurd statement. When I reset the ice maker, as instructed by Samsung, I can watch the control arm in action.

BTW, Samsung has refused to confirm or deny that there is no ice sensor. Weird, but whatever.

Samsung reached out to me as to how that first service appointment went. After it, I reluctantly accepted that I would have to deal with a sub-par ice maker. I was impressed with Samsung's follow-up and decided to continue pursuit of corrective action.

Samsung suggested a different service company. I looked up that service company on Yelp. YIKES!!! All reviews (and there were a LOT of reviews) were 1 star. The comments included missed service appointments, verbally abusive technicians, and THEFT! No way were these people coming into my house.

I advised Samsung of the reviews and of my refusal to have them work on my fridge or enter my house, and Samsung agreed to replace the refrigerator. At this point, the bracket for the temperature sensor of the ice maker had broken, so the ice maker began dumping water into the ice bucket apparently thinking that the ice had set. What a mess!!

The replacement refrigerator still drops an occasional ice cube behind the drawer. I can live with that for now.

Thanks, Samsung, for the replacement. Hopefully, the problem is resolved.