cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWBMmDPiFdC
Constellation

French Door Refrig. RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Freezes and Leaks From Dispenser

We have a Samsung French “door within a door” refrigerator, model RF28JBEDBSG/AA, purchased Nov. 22, 2015 from Lowe’s along with a 3yr extended Lowes protection plan (on a side note-what a joke & waste of money!). When we get ice, water comes out from the dispenser along with the ice and the ice looks somewhat thawed/fuzzy as others have stated in the comments we’ve read. The ice maker will freeze to the back of the unit and under the bucket that the ice empties into. This has been happening for about 5 months now. After extensive research we found out that there is an existing Class Action Law suit against Samsung regarding knowing about this defect and not correcting the issue. We’re not participating in this action, but it does show how prevalent this problem is. It was also noted that a service bulletin was issued March 2015 by Samsung. Because the initial warranty from Samsung had expired, we contacted the Lowe’s Customer Service to initiate a service request (Oct 14, 2017). When the service tech from A&E Factory Service finally came (after 3 rescheduled dates from A&E) we asked if they (A&E) were aware about the Service Bulletin from March 2017 and at first, he gave no response then he said yes, they were aware. He proceeded to inspect the refrigerator and said that they would have to order the parts needed to repair. When asked what they were, we were told “a tube of silicone sealer and a small clip that goes to the back of the ice maker on a water line.” He also told us that sometimes this doesn’t fix the issue, although they were the repairs Samsung recommended. As of today, Nov 19, 2017 the repair has not happened – supposedly the clip and silicone are on backorder with no known delivery date. The bottom line is Samsung needs to get this issue resolved in a timely manner with no cost to the consumer even if it means a new appliance or defective part (ice maker) replacement. It would appear Samsung no longer backs their products nor provides quality customer service which is very disappointing.

63 REPLIES 63
userWBMmDPiFdC
Constellation

Re: French Door Refrig. RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Freezes and Leaks From Dispenser

We have an update as of January 21, 2018. After still no contact from A&E we continue to look for information on how to fix the ice maker problem. First, Samsung has updated the replacement ice maker assembly - now using part number DA97-15217A. This is part of the "kit" used to attempt to correct the issue. The other parts are two "Y" clips part number DA82-02367A. Also included in the kit is the food grade silicone - Samsung part number DA81-05595A. I finally found some info on where these clips go and how to install them. Unfortunately, they are only a series of images and have to be copied and pasted (I used Microsoft Word) in order to view as a complete guide. This is the URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+da82-02367a+instal&rlz=1C1FLDB_enUS584US645&tbm=isch&tbo=u&s...: It should open up under Google Images and you can scroll down to the open image titled "Ice Maker Service. Compact Ice Maker Stainless Steel It..." This is the link to the class action lawsuit if you're interested in reading about it :http://kohnswift.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Samsung-Complaint.pdf I hope this helps some folks.
userEqvC7AaU40
Astronaut

Re: French Door Refrig. RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Freezes and Leaks From Dispenser

So what is the resolution?  We are having this problem as well and have tried working with Best Buy to correct.  This started almost 11 months after we installed the refrigerator.  How do we get this fixed?  The refrigerator is only 15 months old. 

Black Hole

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userpWl9Na4djA
Constellation

I have a Samsung RF28JBEDBSR/AA  and the ice is very frosty and barely come out. What is the resolution or perminant fix?

userpnnGIixYd4
Asteroid

userq51QWzJJDI
Constellation

I would love to find a solution to this also. I have never thought our ice maker worked correctly, but just figured it was what it was. Now it is also leaking and freezing. 

GreenTimeMusic
Asteroid

My 22 cubic ft. Counter Depth 4-Door French Door Food Showcase Refrigerator MODEL NUMBER: RF22KREDBSG/AA has two issues both have to do with ice and leaking water. The Ice cubes get all jammed up inside the ice maker and I have to get a knife or screwdriver and unjam the cubes about once every 3 months. Also when using the ice crush feature there is a bunch of crushed ice that conglomerates at the top of the icechute which eventually melts and leaks water all down the water drip area overflowing that and going all down the inside of the fridge as well as down the front unto the lower freezer drawer and onto the floor. This is every day (yes we use the ice crusher feature daily). This is a bad design and it needs to be repaired of replaced. I purchased over $7,000 worth of Samsung appliance when I bought my house in 2016. And I also purchased the 3 year extended warranty. Please advise.

Mark

PS... Really? Can't use the word icechute? How is that a bad word?

userSCwSxkViRT
Constellation

I have similar problem. Model RF22KREDBSG. Ice maker frosts over and jams up every 2 weeks. Let it go too long and ice bin freezes in. Only way to remove is defrost frig. Happened right after the warranty expired. I called customer service and they told me to call a repairman on my own dime.  Nice frig but ice maker issue makes me hate it.  Customer service slight makes me dislike Samsung. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi there @userSCwSxkViRT, could you send us a private message here with your full model code and serial number?