Original topic:

French Door Refrigerator has frost in the back vents of the refrigerator

(Topic created: 05-09-2024 08:08 AM)
Members_FXeISye
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a French Door model RF260BEAESP/AA that was purchased about 5 years ago, paid over $1200 for it.  It has started forming frost in the vent holes of the refrigerator.  I've had a repairman out to look at it, he replaced the heater behind the panel, but it still continued to do the same thing.  He came back out and said it is something to do with the insulation and says it can't be fixed.  It is of course out of warranty, ,but for what I paid for it, it should last longer than 5 years. It also has ice underneath the deli/meat tray.  Forms a pretty big block to the point it's hard to open sometimes.  Will never buy another Samsung product!!

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Find a different repair lplace. Mine was able to clear ip the icing problem and add an additional piece of insulation. Haven't had a recurrence in 4 years. (My fridge is an older model, but principle the same). And you are right, makor appliance warranties should be more than 5 years, but parts wear out and burn out, so it's not a factory defect.
0 Likes