cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

French door fridge (RF26HFENDSR/AA) water leakage issue

Dear Samsung,

My Samsung French door fridge (model RF26HFENDSR/AA) is leaking water down the back of crisper drawer and freezing along the bottom of my fridge. I'm constantly having to clean the bottom of the fridge to prevent ice build up. Is there a solution to fix this problem? I getting tired of making this a monthly ritual. Need help now!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: French door fridge (RF26HFENDSR/AA) water leakage issue

This sounds like you need an expert technician to look at the fridge ASAP. Any leak could mean various different things that may be going on. I suggest you contact 1800Samsung for repair and maintenance or the retailer where you purchased your Samsung refrigerator from(if you purchased insurance through them, they should be able to help). 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @userYP8mf6zhil,

I did some research concerning your problem. I was able to find a similar thread from some time ago, but I'm assuming it's tied directly to what you are dealing with.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/RF263BEAESR-AA-Refrigerator-Water-Under-t...

Adding the moderator from that thread as well. @SamsungCole 

Highlighted
Astronaut

The coolant inlet and outlet refrigerant tubing connecting the compressor to the refrigerator coils freezes up due to moisture sucked in throught the refrigerator air inlet ducts. The reason the display shows 39 degrees is because the sensor is frozen in a block of ice.

I insulated the inlet and outlet refrigerant tubes including the defrost sensor and the refrigerator worked for a month then the ice build up was on the middle of the coil and just below the fan. The defrost coil does not extend up near the fan or the inlet and outlet refrigerant supply tubing so there is no way that ice buildup will ever defrost. Slowly the ice builds up and block the inlet air vents.

The portions of the coil surrounded by the defrost coil is defrosted, but near the fan and sensor, ice builds up and forms a block of ice. In addition, he plastic panel in the back of the refrig ice eventually form between the aluminum sheet and the vent holes. This is a problem of poor design. My freezer work perfectly because it is always at 0 degrees. The coils in the refrig start frosting if the doors are open. The ice up gets progressively worse over time. I think if we seal the gaskets and do not open the doors this will solve the problem. Poor design, this product should be recalled. Unless the life of a $1700 refrig is 3 years. I feel I have been ripped off.