JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

French door fridge: freezer keeps failing

(Topic created: 09-03-2021 10:13 AM)
usereU9kx1sD8k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our 8 month old Samsung french door fridge has just for the second time partially defrosted our frozen foods before we noticed. First time we convinced ourselves that - maybe - the door hadn't been closed even though we knew it had. This time, for sure it was. The display still showed 0 deg, but my fluke dvm with temp probe showed almost 30 degrees. Called support and was told to reset the fridge. I did and the  display immediately showed 40 degrees. By the time the display showed -1 (I changed the setting), my meter still showed almost 20 degrees. Next morning, the meter still showed 4 degrees while the freezer showed -1.   

Is this a common issue, where the freezer display shows a fictional number?  Should I expect to have to reset the fridge and potentially lose all our frozen food every 4 months?

We have space on all sides of the fridge, 2" back, 3" each side, 3" top.

Model: RF23M8070SR

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I apologize for any frustration about the refrigerator temperature. The temperature display on your refrigerator is an average of the ambient temperature of the entire compartment. It is not uncommon after making a change to the temperature, for it to take up to 4 hours for the display to change to the temperature you have set and up to 28 hours for the refrigerator to actually achieve that temperature if the doors are not opened. I located some additional information here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080450/ regarding checking the temperature with a thermometer to assist going forward. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usereU9kx1sD8k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks Stephanie, but the display reads 0 degrees, then after a reset of a few minutes it shows 40 degrees, so clearly the display is not showing the freezer temperature when the freezer is in this failure mode, just the set temperature.  The temperature of a fairly full freezer with the door shut will not change 40 degrees in a  few minutes.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Alright, I completely understand and would recommend reviewing this troubleshooting guide I was able to locate here: Cooling issue. Regrettably, if all else fails the next step would be to have a technician service the unit and you can send the full model code, serial number, name, address, e-mail, contact number, and place of purchase here: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 in a private message for further review. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usereU9kx1sD8k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

OK, thank you. Next time it does this I will use the link you provided.

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Awesome, you are welcome and I am glad I could be of assistance. Please send a private message to the link provided above for service purposes if needed. 

0 Likes