cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4KGiQbF5bI
Constellation

French door model rf260beaes

The actual temperatures for the freezer and fridge do not match my setting temperatures.  The fridge is off by 3 to 4 degrees - I set it for 35 and it reads 38 on my thermometer I place in the fridge.  The freezer compartment is off by 10 to 11 degrees too cold.  I disconnected power for 10 minutes and reset my desired temps - no change from deviation.  This refrigerator is "brand new".  Is there a way to calibrate the control temperature settings to my actual temperatures I read with my thermometer?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: French door model rf260beaes

Regretfully, there is no way to calibrate the control panel to match the thermometer inside your unit. This is because you are opening and closing the refrigerator so the warm air is getting into it. This will happen with any brand. If you are worried about cooling issues or warm air check the seals around the door.

user4KGiQbF5bI
Constellation

That is not my problem.  I am only opening the door to check the temps and am allowing sufficient time for the thermometer to settle out to the temperature.  The problem is with the control panel.  This is a new refrigerator, only 3 days old, so apparently I need to call the store and hopefully resolve the issue through them.  I was hoping that there was a reset or calibration function that would solve my problem.  But thank you for your comment but that is not my problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You're welcome.