JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fridge Not Cooling

(Topic created on: 11/16/20 5:34 PM)
userVPnjjYdcRe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there. So I've got a Samsung "twin cooling system" fridge (model: rf32fmqdbsr), that quit cooling. The freezer works great, so I know the condenser is fine. The evaporator fan in the fridge is working fine, but the evaporator coils don't seem to be getting cold. (Not having ice issues on the coils, but the opposite). Could it be the coils themselves or perhaps a faulty temperature sensor? Any thoughts, personal experiences or feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
userveM74vWxhJ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Next time you have the twin cool cover off, take your thermostat off and check for continuity,then put it in freezer till about 10 degrees then check for continuity again.  If it shows continuity at room temp or is intermittently working it needs replacing.  New ones from amazon are less then 30 dollars and easy to replace. 

It should show continuity at cold temps as it's trying to call for heat and should read nothing when it's warm.  Your problem could be more complex like the mother board or something else but this is a cheap and easy fix for diyers with a ohm meter

0 Likes
useroZ7szKuXDy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recently bought a Samsung fridge model RF28R7351SG/AA , and it is not cooling my food. Temp on fridge says 35 and freezer at 0 

0 Likes
userdepDAa9Bhz
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

First the icemaker stopped working within two months of getting the fridge. We had loud sounds coming from the fridge and realized we had ice in back of fridge that the fan was hitting. Tried the forced defrost several times. Fan eventually stopped working. Called for repairs and paid $700 to get unit unthawed and learned that we needed to throw out all of our food as the temp was not correct on the front of the fridge. Now it has been 6 months and we have the same issue and this time we put a temperagure gauge in the fridge and the 34 degrees on front of fridge is actually 47 degrees inside the fridge. You need a recall as this is dangerous and you are going to kill an elderly person who would not notice this issue and eat the food inside. How do we get this fixed for good? Do we have to join a class action lawsuit to get EVENTUAL reparations? I have all Samsung appliances in my kitchen and if no remedy I will not buy another Samsung anything.

userOkUOvfyOKn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I wont buy Samsung again either.  Ridiculous......

0 Likes
usercDHGk03gPt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

hi having same issue. Just replaced thermistor and temp sensor in main fridge. Still blowing 55 degree air.

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Oh no!  If we sent a technician out to service the unit,  could you send me a private message with your transaction number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userIPETOdcHfV
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung refrigerator that the bottom freezer freezes okay but the upper fridge part is not cooling. When I set the temp, it will pop back to 65. Won't stay st 36 or anyother temp. 

0 Likes
userS5jf7mHNgj
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My 3 years old Samsung French door fridge (model RF260BEAESG/AA) has same problem.  Freezer section is fine but fresh food section is not.   Ice builds on evaporator and prevents cold air from getting out.  Sometimes it gets so much ice that fan blade hits ice and generates grinding noise.

Believe the defrost process is designed marginally in order to comply with Energy Star.  It works when the fridge is new but deteriorates with time.  When it no longer can defrost the evaporator thoroughly, ice builds on evaporator.  Samsung has no solution for this design issue.  There is no fix.  Every few weeks I have to take out back panel and thaw the ice.  We got stuck with bad fridge!

usere8ctJjvFSD
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Everything electronic on the fridge works. The compressor does not kick on when you power it up. Demo mode is off and so is the ice maker. I have vacuumed the compressor down and put the correct amount of R600 back in. It will stay cold for a couple days and then start to get warm. Eventually it just becomes room temperature. Any help would be really appreciated. 

userb3Qy3NGTt0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have 6 1/2 year old refrigerator that for the last year or two has been not cooling then if we unplug it and replug and leave ot be for awhile it would come back on. This time I think I think its down for good. Ive called 5 different places in my area, and 4 of them will not even come out and work on Samsungs!! The other one wanted $95 just to come look and that will not go towards repairs. I dont know if I should just get a new frig or try to get fixed. Has anyone had any luck fixing this sort of problem and was it worth it to fix? Im at a loss, my last frig was a Frigidaire old style 2 door, and it worked for at least 15 if not 20 years!! Im sorry but for 2k I think you should get more than 6 years. We really only got 3 or 4 with no problems.