cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator not cooling then starts back after a day

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Next time you have the twin cool cover off, take your thermostat off and check for continuity,then put it in freezer till about 10 degrees then check for continuity again.  If it shows continuity at room temp or is intermittently working it needs replacing.  New ones from amazon are less then 30 dollars and easy to replace. 

It should show continuity at cold temps as it's trying to call for heat and should read nothing when it's warm.  Your problem could be more complex like the mother board or something else but this is a cheap and easy fix for diyers with a ohm meter

Constellation

Refrigerator RF28R7351SG/AA not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently bought a Samsung fridge model RF28R7351SG/AA , and it is not cooling my food. Temp on fridge says 35 and freezer at 0 

Astronaut

RF26J7500SR/AA Refridgerator Not keeping food cold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First the icemaker stopped working within two months of getting the fridge. We had loud sounds coming from the fridge and realized we had ice in back of fridge that the fan was hitting. Tried the forced defrost several times. Fan eventually stopped working. Called for repairs and paid $700 to get unit unthawed and learned that we needed to throw out all of our food as the temp was not correct on the front of the fridge. Now it has been 6 months and we have the same issue and this time we put a temperagure gauge in the fridge and the 34 degrees on front of fridge is actually 47 degrees inside the fridge. You need a recall as this is dangerous and you are going to kill an elderly person who would not notice this issue and eat the food inside. How do we get this fixed for good? Do we have to join a class action lawsuit to get EVENTUAL reparations? I have all Samsung appliances in my kitchen and if no remedy I will not buy another Samsung anything.

Constellation

Re: Fridge Not Cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi having same issue. Just replaced thermistor and temp sensor in main fridge. Still blowing 55 degree air.

Did you find a solution?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  If we sent a technician out to service the unit,  could you send me a private message with your transaction number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Fridge part not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung refrigerator that the bottom freezer freezes okay but the upper fridge part is not cooling. When I set the temp, it will pop back to 65. Won't stay st 36 or anyother temp. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 3 years old Samsung French door fridge (model RF260BEAESG/AA) has same problem.  Freezer section is fine but fresh food section is not.   Ice builds on evaporator and prevents cold air from getting out.  Sometimes it gets so much ice that fan blade hits ice and generates grinding noise.

Believe the defrost process is designed marginally in order to comply with Energy Star.  It works when the fridge is new but deteriorates with time.  When it no longer can defrost the evaporator thoroughly, ice builds on evaporator.  Samsung has no solution for this design issue.  There is no fix.  Every few weeks I have to take out back panel and thaw the ice.  We got stuck with bad fridge!

Astronaut

Fridge not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everything electronic on the fridge works. The compressor does not kick on when you power it up. Demo mode is off and so is the ice maker. I have vacuumed the compressor down and put the correct amount of R600 back in. It will stay cold for a couple days and then start to get warm. Eventually it just becomes room temperature. Any help would be really appreciated.