Original topic:

Fridge Not Cooling

(Topic created: 09-22-2020 06:03 AM)
userVPnjjYdcRe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there. So I've got a Samsung "twin cooling system" fridge (model: rf32fmqdbsr), that quit cooling. The freezer works great, so I know the condenser is fine. The evaporator fan in the fridge is working fine, but the evaporator coils don't seem to be getting cold. (Not having ice issues on the coils, but the opposite). Could it be the coils themselves or perhaps a faulty temperature sensor? Any thoughts, personal experiences or feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
26 Replies
user4uvKJqqmPk
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue.

Did they ever diagnose the issue and tell you what was wrong?

usercrW0htIqcl
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

2 years ago I had to have the back inside panel replaced.  Ice kept building up and the fan kept hitting that.

Not too long ago, I noticed that things weren't very cold in the frig.  I put a thermometer inside, it read 50 degrees, even though it was set at 37. 

Now, I am having ice build-up in the ice maker.  I have called around to local appliance repair shops and no one will come to even look at it.  What do I do now??

0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Spoiler alert! It's broken! Get a new one!
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Seriously, sounds like your motor is going out
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Or it could be a coil problem
0 Likes
Joe1579
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It's possible that the defroster is broken. If it is a side-by-side fridge/freezer then the defroster is located inside the freezer, on the bottom. Usually, it will have a metal deflector covering it. It should be a glass tube with a metal coil inside...or u can Google the location of your make and model. You can also find out how much resistance it should have then check it by connecting a voltage meter set to OHMS. A cheap meter will work, u can get one at home depot for about $20. Check the resistance. When the defroster goes bad it will either read "OL" on the voltage meter ( " Over Load ") or it will have a higher resistance than it should have. In my case, it was "OL" and when I disassembled it n took the metal shield off it looked like a blown light bulb ( black inside). Your fridge gets its cooling from the freezer so if it can't defrost then the thermostat thinks it's always cold when really it's covered in ice...so it's tricking it. Another problem could be the vent that is between the fridge and freezer...but when that goes bad your freezer will get cold/ freeze up but the fridge won't get cold enough. Hope this helps. I AM NOT an appliance repairman but have been in your shoes except I found someone who would give me tips. Good luck

0 Likes
userzECKRJrps9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I have been facing the issue with the fridge we purchased with the Samsung. The product we purchased on 2020 November and it also has the extended warranty. Now the issue is cooling is not happening tough fridge is on. I raised a complaint to the service center. The first technician came and told it seems like gas filling issue (Choking problem). He told that if you don't have the warranty it will be cost around 2.5 k. For gas filling it will not come under warranty they said. I said okay please proceed, later the second the technician came for filling gas bcz the first technician is not person who fill it. 

When second person came he checked before starts for filling gas he did testing and identified, the issue is not with gas leak or choking. That is bcz of the compressor, the cooling coil gas is going like a liquid. So he mentioned that compressor is problem need to change that only when the issue will be fixed permanently. He told that will write root cause to the service center team to arrange the replacement compressor since we have the ten years warranty. After two days from the service center we are getting a call that, its a chargeable for changing the compressor and filling the gas for it. This is not at all a fair solution or answer from the samsung service centre, we have the warranty and extend warranty but still asking for money. 

I have chasing with the customer care team and service team last 7 seven days there is no response from the team, every day I was calling them they say some one will call sir again again same reply in call, but no person is called me further. I am frustrated to the core. This was very bad impression on the Samsung, I feeling like a bad decision on purchased product from Samsung. I will post this to the social media and my friends circle on the bad experience not to go with Samsung. Very poor service and no response from the supervisor though call back request is given.

Highly disappointed, we are waiting for more then a week for resolution. I need to get this issue resolved with out any cost since I have all the warranty certificates but still you guys are asking money like this warranty does not include this and all. Its a complete I wash for the users. I need immediate resolution..... 

0 Likes