Original topic:

Fridge Won't Dispense Water or Ice

(Topic created on: 9/7/20 5:33 PM)
userdBE4LvmgoB
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

Do you have any solution to this problem?! I have an issue with Family Hub: water light is on, cubed ice light on. No water, only cubed ice, and it seems the panel is frozen. Just when I push and hold water light switch, the light goes off, when i release it, it goes back on, but still no water. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Gotcha! Have you tried to power cycle the unit for about 2 mins? You can do so by either unplugging the unit or turning it off at the breaker. If you have already done that or after you do that and you are still unable to get water and ice service is required. Send me a private message with your serial number and I would be happy to look into some service options for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello. To better assist you, can you please provide me with your full model code? How long have you been experiencing this? Have the doors been removed recently? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userdBE4LvmgoB
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The model name is RF265BEAESR.

It happened yesterday without any notice.

The door has been replaced, but not recnetly.

Please let me know if you need any inforamtion or what can be the cause.

Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Take a look at the picture below. Are you referring to the light above the words (blue) or the dispenser light (red)? Is there a lock icon above where it says water? If so, navigate to and open Fridge Manager > Fridge Settings > Lock > Select Unlock

I understand that you can't dispense water or cubed ice, however, are you able to dispense crushed ice? When was the last time you changed your water filter?

0 Likes
userdBE4LvmgoB
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please see the photo below. This is how the panel looks and frozen. Blue lights on "water" and "cubed ice" is constantly on. When I push the dispensing lever, it dispenses "cubed ice". Nothing happens when I press any buttons so I can't get water or crushed ice. When I press and hold "water" button, the blue light on "water" goes off, but when I release it, the light goes on again. Still , can't get water. The dispense light is always off unless I push the lever to get ice. The panel is not locked. I chaged the water filter a month ago.

Samsung Fridge.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Gotcha! Have you tried to power cycle the unit for about 2 mins? You can do so by either unplugging the unit or turning it off at the breaker. If you have already done that or after you do that and you are still unable to get water and ice service is required. Send me a private message with your serial number and I would be happy to look into some service options for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

View solution in context

0 Likes
user7MyW7kwH39
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is a 4-Door french door black stainless steel refrigerator. The left french door has an exterior control where you can choose to dipense water or ice, cubed or crushed. Each option lights up when you select it but upon pressing again the lever to dispense water or ice nothin happens. I've verified the water/ice dispenser is not locked. The fridge has an inner pitcher which it fills up just fine. The fridge also produces ice in the ice tray. Not sure what why it won't dispense water/ice. RF22R7351SG 

0 Likes
userFb7xqZG4QY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The lights on the ice and water dispenser aren't working and it won't let me switch between water and ice

0 Likes
user2ACyxuODo7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model: RF265BEAESG/AA

About 2 weeks ago the indicator lights for the dispenser along with the other light that goes on when you get ice or water went out. I can't find any information online how to replace this light, and nothing is in the manual. Is this not a simple fix?  When I try to go through the Samsung chat it tells me I need to pay for a technician to look at this and fix it. I have tried power cycling my refrigerator, and restting the family hub.  Of course my  warranty expired in 2018. First it was the ice maker leaking everywhere, and now its this. Does replacing a light require a technician? 

0 Likes
stroud77
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the following problem:  The water/ice dispenser touch pad is illuminated but I can't change the setting, so now I can get only ice.  Lock/unlock only works through the large touchscreen interface.  Unplugged and plugged back in was a temporary fix, but the problem came right back. I read that the only fix to this "common" problem is to replace the entire door due to bad wiring. PLEASE HELP!32555EA0-14C2-481F-ADBC-B4AC661D938C.jpeg

B8A93F7A-53DC-45F9-B4D7-8327E8EBB9B4.jpeg

25B777CF-1B10-4381-8618-97B94A0C8825.jpeg

0 Likes