JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fridge ice maker producing plastic shavings along with ice.

(Topic created on: 3/3/20 2:10 AM)
user0mkpRA0H85
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our ice maker in our samsung fridge ice producing Ice along with peices of plastic, See photo attached of melted ice in a bowl with plastic peic20200303_204842_resized.jpges floating. How is this issue rectified.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
35 Replies
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userixF9jkNv1d
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I get the same thing---RFG297AAPN

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userixF9jkNv1d    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this for you..

0 Likes
userkvvMcCZKyf
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I get the same plastic bits in my ice. Model RF263BEAESRD00F446F-19C1-4A92-8A12-F2F29A83CD13.jpeg

0 Likes
userGFoIKryRVY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

PLEASE HELP! I have the same problem. I have little kids yesterday I got a sharp plstic piece. If one of my children swallow one of these the problem will take a turn even worse. The bak of fridge completely freezes over and buzzes loudly every 2 weeks.  My husband is not working I cannot afford repairs. This fridge is under three years old. my mother in laws fridge is GE and over 30 years old. Please someone help! I need a new fridge. ALL our appliance are samsung I have spent lots of money on Samsung. This is truly not aaceptable. IMG-0935.jpgIMG-0653.JPG

0 Likes
userHYE73YaHHQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm also getting plastic shavings in my ice - please help. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userkQmHtVbj2M
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having a similar issue. Plastic shavings started last week. I didn't think anything of it and assumed it came from somewhere else. Tonight, however, I was chewing on some ice and in it was a plastic piece (not shaving) roughly 1/4in in length. I thought I chipped a tooth at first, but it was clearly a white piece of plastic with beveled edge - which led me to this forum. Model rf28hmedbsr/aa

0 Likes
user0mkpRA0H85
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, Our fridge has become progressively worse, Model SRF680CDLS. I cant open the ice maker now either, Frozen up solid. Will only damage something trying to force it open. I am going to contact the supplier we purchased the fridge from to see what they can do, Very frustrating when we spent so much money on a fridge that doesnt do what it is supposed to do.

0 Likes