cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Fridge ice on/off button randomly activating.

We have a model RF268AB fridge, which is at least two years old (came with the house). Recently, the button which controls the ice off / child lock functions has been randomly activating. Without touching the frige, it begin chiming and cycling between the two ice off functions and the child lock, for a few minutes. Then it might stop for ~several hours, and then do it again. If it lands on the child lock function, the panel is locked and inactive. If it doesn't it works normally until cycling again.

We have tried to empty the ice makers, and also have turned the fridge off for 10 minutes, but neither of those solutions worked. Does anyone have any further ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge ice on/off button randomly activating.

I'm sorry to hear that, have you made sure the panel was cleaned off and nothing was on it that may be pressing on it? Also how long have you had this fridge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the reply - I tried cleaning with a cloth, blowing compressed air between the buttons, and verified there is nothing on the inside leaning on the door. No change to the behavior.

I found the date of manufacture on the inside of the door - 2009.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The next step would be to proceed with service. You can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.