cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userEYvh6a9qwn
Asteroid

Fridge icing up

I have seen plenty of thread about the ice makes freezing up.  On top of that, the fan in the back gets frozen up as well.  I live in CO where there is vitually no humidity and yet about every 6 weeks, I have to pull this thing apart and thaw it out because the fan freezes up and doesn't circulate air.  So between both of these problems I am beyond frustrated.  In effort to attemp to fix this, I ordered the heating element that goes in the back of the fridge next to the silver cooling fins.  No luck with that.  So we just called 2 repair companies and both said they won't work on Samsung fridges because they end up with too much egg on their faces because the Samsung repair kits don't work well or last.  Aside from just throwing away a perfectly fine fridge (outside of these real big pains in the butt) does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?  Or does one simply joing the class action suit against Samsung on the matter?  

I can't imagine buying another Samsung product at this point.  Please help Samsung!!

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge icing up

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried to level the refrigerator? Have you tried to reset the ice maker?

userEYvh6a9qwn
Asteroid

I guess I can't say for sure that I put a level on it, but would be happy to do so.  Coud you define reset the ice maker?  Any suggestions for the freezing up of the fan in the back inside behind the panel?  See the picturesIMG_9285.jpgIMG_9135.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would love to take a look into this for you. Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

userEYvh6a9qwn
Asteroid

So now being told my unit purchased from Lowe’s in CO is not part of US models and thus I can’t get support. The madness continues!