cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Fridge repair in Acapulco Mexico

hello Samsung,

I am texing you in regards to a refrigerator i purchased 4 years ago.

this fridge is used in a rental property i have in Acapulco. the property is rented about 3 to 4 times a year for a total 12 to 15 days per year.

this is the information on the fridge, this is the refrigerator part, not the freezer, this model separates into two parts full upright I paid about $2200 USD so it's one of your top of the lines.

model RR35H61107F

S/N

<HIDDEN>

REV.

about 3 months ago the fridge was not cooling well. i had a samsung technician come out, he refiled it with freon. it worked for a couple of weeks. now a different technician from samsung is saying it has a leak and that the circuit board and possibly the condenser need replacing

he wants to construct an out side device to circumvent all of the above problems, he is saying they can't get a new circuit board, nor can he open up the fridge to fix the leak.

he is also offering only a 3 month warranty...

my questions to you,

1. does samsung still make the circuit board for this very expensive fridge that has had very little use?
  2. can the fridge be opened up to be repaired?
  3. what does the 10 year warranty cover?
  4. where can i get a different samsung repair man that maybe knows how to repair this fridge in acapulco mexico?

I DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THIS GUY, HE WAS SET SEVERAL APPOINTMENTS AND NOT SHOWN UP OR CALLED, HAS DELAYED AT EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, I HAVE BEEN OUT OF A FRIDGE SINCE JUNE!

Is there another service center that can help or can you give me the phone number to contact one in Acapulco. I would imagine because Acapulco being a tourist location with all the hotels that there would be a Samsung refrigerator repair service.

I find it hard to believe that after spending $2200 USD dollars on a refrigerator

this repair man who claims to be from Samsung says he can't repair it he can't open it and he's offering at best a mad Max solution putting all of this stuff externally and connecting it that way and only offering a three month warranty sounds pretty shady.

I hope we can come up with some solution for this.

thank you,

Alexei Wolfe Beteta

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fridge repair in Acapulco Mexico

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.