cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Fridge too cold

RF23HCEDBSR/AA

Fidge is set to 44 but it is freezing everything in it.  Not just one spot.  Multiple stand alone thermometers are reading 26-28 degrees at different areas.  I removed the back cover and there was no significant ice build up and the fan is still working.  Also replace the temperature sensor towards the top.  Haven't replaced the one behind the vegitable drawers yet.  Is there a way to calibrate this fridge? Where does the front display pull the temperature from? Or could this be a computer issure?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike Landry  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Fridge too cold

If there were ice buildup the refrigerator would be warmer than usual. On most refrigerators with temperature on the door show the temperature that you set... not the actual inside temperature. 

It sounds like the refrigerator thinks that the internal temperature is too high and is working to cool it down. I'm not a refrigerator repairman so unfortunately I'm not sure where you might look for the problem. But a temperature sensor or the computer are possible sources of the error. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? Our fridge is doing the same.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you've tried resetting the unit via the breaker and the fridge is still over cooling, the next step would be to have a technician out to service the unit.  If you would like to move forward with that process, feel free to send me a private message http://bit.ly/2ihPL97.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.