Fridge working/cooling but freezer not working and Fan Noise

(Topic created on: 5/10/21 12:31 PM)
userBRJ0mwLCfK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi Folks, 

Model: RF23J9011SR

we have this refrigerator for last 2.5 years and did not have any problem. 24 hours back we saw Freezer (bottom left) is not working is around 57' F. 

Fridge cooling is working and expected around 37'F 

Steps tried:

1. Power cycled 2-3 mins and restarted again. Issue still exists

2. Tried using cool selection option to make bottom right as freeze as well and it does not work. 

3. If bottom right is used fridge and NOT freeze it cools to 37' F. 

there is also some kind of Fan noise which we never heard before. Not sure if it is Fan or compressor noise but I guess it is fan noise.

We have an extended 3rd party warranty but most of those repair folks are not good and will just cause more delays. 

any clues for us to try? 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Make sure the fan is not blocked by any contents. That's the number one problem. Second your fan could be faulty have a tech come out to check it.
userBRJ0mwLCfK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

where is this Fan located? Any rough location? 

0 Likes
userBRJ0mwLCfK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

also, would this help?

How to Force Defrost Samsung RF23J9011SR
To force defrost Samsung RF23J9011SR, press both the ‘cool select’ and ‘freezer’ buttons at the same time. Hold both of them down for 8 seconds when you will hear a beep as the LED display screen goes dark.

Tap on any other button and you will see different options – FF, OF C, Fr and then Fd. That means you will press whichever button you choose 4 times to get the forced defrost option. But be sure you are looking at the screen to see the Fd option before you stop.

There will be a continuous beeping from fridge while it force defrosts for about 25 minutes. At the end, it will stop, signaling you that your fridge is fully defrosted.

0 Likes
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
It won't hurt to defrost the freezer. I know when my freezer is not freezing it's always some meat blocking the airflow from fan.
0 Likes