Original topic:

Gas Range Issues

(Topic created on: 2/12/21 5:01 PM)
userddHdZG14tH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hopefully someone can help or offer suggestions with an issue we are having with our gas range. We smelled gas all of a sudden coming from our range. The smell was very strong from inside the oven. Gas company came out and tested burners, gas line, gas connections inside and out of range but their test meter didn’t pick up a leak. Due to the smell in the oven they red tagged the appliance. Scheduled a technician through Samsung. Technician ran tests with Samsung support on virtual call and determined no leaks found. We were asked to send in gas company ticket explanation in order for Samsung to determine next step. We are going on a weeks without a stove. Just looking for answers or suggestions to help get this resolved. Samsung is saying another 3-5 days before they get back to us. 

5 Replies
annjolly
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
some time it is the waiting period.
0 Likes
johnv1
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Has Samsung gotten back to you yet?  I had a contractor and license plumber certify the natural gas supply lines to the unit are leak free.   Their technician couldn't find any leaks either.  We even shut the gas valve off to the unit and monitored the stove area for a week. No gas smell was noticed.   Please update if you've received any response from Samsung yet.

userddHdZG14tH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Crazy...no response from Samsung as of yet. I spoke with representative on Thursday and was told 3-5 business days before they’d get back to me with any idea of what the next option could be. Frustrating, we’ve also considered getting licensed plumber to check but haven’t yet. I’ll give them till Wednesday and then I’ll them back. I’ll reply with any update I receive. Preciate the info on your situation. 

0 Likes
johnv1
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I couldn't take it anymore. I went as far as to purchase a brand new gas range (different brand) to replace theirs and no gas smells for over 11 days.  Their technicians came out twice and didn't find anything but they never tested the pressure or safety valves for defects.  If defective, they can get stuck open and cause small gas leaks.  I've been dealing with this since Jan. 8th.  Spent over $1000+ to prove that their oven was faulty.  Samsung has not provided any resolution yet.

0 Likes
johnv1
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Due to the nature of my case, i involved the NYS Consumer Protection.  Samsung responded saying that since the technicians were unable to find a leak, they could not provide me with a refund or replacement.  I'm now stuck with a $800 faulty gas range.  I've opened a case with the NYS Attorney General.  If you are experiencing the same issues with your Samsung product, I suggest you save time and present your case to them as well.