cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borik7
Asteroid

Gas range, oven temperature

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I'm having a weird problem with NX58K7850SG gas range.  Per Samsung support in order to increase temperature in the running oven I have to remove food from it and wait for 10-15 minutes until the temperature cycle will finish.  The display temp drops from 420 to 240 degrees, but not the oven temp!  I find this hard to beleive.  Can somebody please comment?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gas range, oven temperature

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you would like, you can have a technician inspect the unit to see if everything is functioning correctly. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Link

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your concern.  I know it's frustrating but first, let's do some troubleshooting for the issue.  Please let me know the outcome.

1. Are you getting any error codes?
  2. Food Cooks Too Fast or Too Slow
Borik7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungCat, thanks for the reply. The answers to your questions:

1.  No error codes

2. It depends.  If I cook without adjusting temp on a fly - everything OK, otherwise the food is not cooked properly

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The oven will lose temperature whenever the door is opened. Does the unit get back up to operating temperature?

Borik7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happens with closed door. And losing 200 degrees in half a second seems to be a bit excessive.  Oven finally returns to scheduled temperature but it takes around 10 minutes - like it starts from cold.  And during this time the food needs to be removed, or it will be burnt while unit heats up.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you would like, you can have a technician inspect the unit to see if everything is functioning correctly. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Link

Borik7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, sure, I'd like that.  I just sent serial and model using your link.  Thank you very much for help