JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Glass cooktop cracked spontaniously!

(Topic created: 12-16-2022 09:09 AM)
userykSmSzTE5J
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We bought a Samsung NE63T8111SS  slide-in range in June of 2022.  The glass cooktop spontaniously cracked.  I was standing 20 feet away, nothing was on the stove, it hadnt even been used yet that day.  I head a loud pop.I thought it might be the microwave plate, it wasn't.  I thought it might have been a glass pot lid, but it wasn't.  I thought it must have been ice from the ice maker and didnt think any more about it.  Later that day, I went to use the cooktop and as soon as the element turned red, I could see a huge cracck. It's hard to see when the stove is off.  Nothing has ever been dropped on the cooktop.  In fact, the burner which is under a big part of the crack has never worked properly. It always took a long time to heat up, and then it gets super hot. I thought it was just a bad design, but now I believe that there was a defect in the glass all along.  At any rate, it is under warranty and this was NOT caused by anything we did.  This was a defect in the glass.  How can we get a replacement? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I certainly understand your concern here, and we're very glad no one was hurt. We would like to speak with you directly about possible resolution options. Please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message with the full model and serial numbers for your cooktop. We appreciate you reaching out about this, and look forward to helping you get this resolved. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I certainly understand your concern here, and we're very glad no one was hurt. We would like to speak with you directly about possible resolution options. Please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message with the full model and serial numbers for your cooktop. We appreciate you reaching out about this, and look forward to helping you get this resolved.