cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

HAS THE ICE MAKER BEEN RECALLED YET?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A post from another unsatified Ice Maker customer.  Actually happy with the refridgeration portion of the RF23J9011SR, but the ice maker is HORRIBLE.  Not a surprise, there is an entire community rallying around this.  I have performed the troubleshooting steps 4 times this year, about to go through situation number 5.  Yes, force defrosting works and gets the ice out, but then the failure process just starts all over again after just a few short weeks!

Checking to see if Samsung has yet to decide if they are standing behind their product with a recall?

Or if anyone in the community has any news on the class action lawsuit they can comment on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HAS THE ICE MAKER BEEN RECALLED YET?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this does not help https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/  I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is the question I have also.

Every 5 months or so, I have to totally remove all of the ice build up in the ice maker.

When this happens, I  get ice from my brother until Ihave a day to mess with my icemaker, his refrigerator is 10 years old and continously makes ice without issues.

$3500 for a great refrigerator with a pos icemaker.

@userpGD48BY10O wrote:

A post from another unsatified Ice Maker customer.  Actually happy with the refridgeration portion of the RF23J9011SR, but the ice maker is HORRIBLE.  Not a surprise, there is an entire community rallying around this.  I have performed the troubleshooting steps 4 times this year, about to go through situation number 5.  Yes, force defrosting works and gets the ice out, but then the failure process just starts all over again after just a few short weeks!

Checking to see if Samsung has yet to decide if they are standing behind their product with a recall?

Or if anyone in the community has any news on the class action lawsuit they can comment on?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this does not help https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/  I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post