cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Hot surface indicator light won’t turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung NE58K9500SG electric slide in range. The hot surface indicator light does not turn off, even after several hours of no use. The surface is cold to the touch and has been on for over 24 hours with no stove use. Any help will be greatly appreciated  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Hot surface indicator light won’t turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message using the following link:  http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried turning off the breaker for 10 minutes? 

Please send us a private message with the full serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find the serial number. I looked all around the oven door. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have a warming drawer underneath the oven door, open it and it should be on the left side.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

[Removed]

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message using the following link:  http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hot surface light will not turn off.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. Just got off the phone with "customer service" and they say it's out of warranty (warranty is only 1 year). This is a dangerous situation because it means we cannot know when the surface is hot or not. I sent a private message to SamsungGill. Has anyone had a satisfactory resolution to this problem?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, light gradually staying on longer and longer. The phone support agent (India by the thick accent?) seemed to be reading from a script. His only suggestion was to kick off the power breaker for more than 10mins. This support person was unable to provide any information as to the component that might be causing the problem. I would gladly replace the faulty item myself. At this stage we will use the stove as-is and warn people that the "hot surface" light cannot be trusted. Down the road, for the cost of a repair visit I will likely spend a bit more to purchase a replacement range from a better manufacturer.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems ot be a common issue with many people.  I have the same problem, and now the self-cleaning function won't operate because it says it's too hot (even if it hasn't been used in days).  Thanks Samsung.