JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do you get the RF23M8070SR to do a Forced Defrost cycle?

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 8:40 PM)
BHpunman
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ice Maker frozen solid. How do you get the RF23M8070SR to do a Forced Defrost cycle? This should be found on the Samsung website and printed in the User Manual!!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, Forced Defrost mode is something that a technician would be able to tell you how to do or you can purchase a service manual with that information in it. If your ice maker is frozen solid/over then I would recommend trying the following:

• Manual defrost:
    • Remove all perishable items and empty the ice bucket(s).

• Lay down towels underneath the fridge, and keep a good supply of extra towels handy.
    • Unplug the fridge and prop the doors open.
    • As time passes and the towels get wet, swap them out for dry ones, until the towels stop getting wet or at least 24 hours pass.
    • Turn the fridge back on and close the doors. After about 2 hours you can put the food back in.
  • Use a warm cloth to melt the ice.
    • Please do not use a hairdryer or any heating element as it might damage the unit.

If none of the steps above helped with the ice maker then service is required. Feel free to send me a private message with your serial number so that I can look into some service options for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, Forced Defrost mode is something that a technician would be able to tell you how to do or you can purchase a service manual with that information in it. If your ice maker is frozen solid/over then I would recommend trying the following:

• Manual defrost:
    • Remove all perishable items and empty the ice bucket(s).

• Lay down towels underneath the fridge, and keep a good supply of extra towels handy.
    • Unplug the fridge and prop the doors open.
    • As time passes and the towels get wet, swap them out for dry ones, until the towels stop getting wet or at least 24 hours pass.
    • Turn the fridge back on and close the doors. After about 2 hours you can put the food back in.
  • Use a warm cloth to melt the ice.
    • Please do not use a hairdryer or any heating element as it might damage the unit.

If none of the steps above helped with the ice maker then service is required. Feel free to send me a private message with your serial number so that I can look into some service options for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userDTcmctTcfu
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes. This information should be readily available. That it isn't and the Samsung Moderators response is to do an old fashioned manual defrost (unplug, open doors, remove all food and melt the ice is simply the stupidist response I ever heard from any company agent. That's the way they did it in 1950. Not 2021. Worst informed advice ever! BTW, did you ever find the codes and learn the proper way to do it? I would love to know. TIA

0 Likes