cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PandaCheese
Asteroid

How does humidity control on crisper drawers work when they are not sealed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure if this is the design on all Samsung fridges, but on my recently purchased RF22R7351SR/AA, there's a 3/8'' air gap between the top front of the two crisper drawers and the panel above them. The gap is clearly visible in this official product image below so I don't think I've positioned any parts wrong. I just don't understand what purpose the humidity control sliders with their tiny slits serve when air has no problem getting into the drawers?

https://image-us.samsung.com/SamsungUS/home/home-appliances/refrigerators/4-door-french-door/pdp/rf2...

And for some comic relief...the primitive forum profanity filter says the combination of letters C and U is not allowed. This combo happens to exist in Samsung's product links as a unit of volume...so I can't link to Samsung's own pages. :facepalm:

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How does humidity control on crisper drawers work when they are not sealed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome. This type of crisper drawer functionality is pretty much standard in comparable models.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Crisper drawers just trap the water vapor that leaves fruit and vegetables in a confined area. The slider allows for more or less air circulation, some air circulation will always take place.

PandaCheese
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill wrote:

Crisper drawers just trap the water vapor that leaves fruit and vegetables in a confined area. The slider allows for more or less air circulation, some air circulation will always take place.

Thank you for addressing my question. I did some rough calculation. The open gap in the front of the drawer is roughly 33 cm squared, whereas the humidity slider when fully open is at most 1.75 cm squared (probably only about half of that since it's slitted). I'm just skeptical that a 5% difference in air circulation, between fully open and fully closed humidity slider, makes a difference.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome. This type of crisper drawer functionality is pretty much standard in comparable models.