Original topic:

How does "Cooking Time" work?

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 11:20 AM)
userNHRbuzrOw3
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello Samsung owners,

I got a new range with SmartThings built in (NY63T8751SS) and to add to my complaints that the long center burner wobbles when walking near the range and Smart Control needing to be manually turned on after every use I am having a hard time understanding how Cooking Time is suppose to work when It starts the countdown before the preheating is done...

Here's a scenario, I want to cook a frozen pizza with the cook time of 20 minutes. I select Bake -> Temp -> Set Cook Time -> Turn off when down -> Start. 

As it's preheating, the timer is already counting down from 20 minutes! If it's done preheating after 4 minutes then that leaves the "cook time" as 16 minutes after I put the pizza in.

What would make more sense is if the timer started AFTER preheat was done!

Anyone with a Oven that has the same feature, is this working as intended or did Samsung fundamentally overlook this?

1 Reply
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, Regrettably the oven will cook for the time entered if the preheat time is not included in the Cook time upon start. If you are like most of us and don't really time how long the preheat takes when cooking I would recommend setting the Cook Time and Delay Start as needed and have included the link for the user manual on page.24 to review. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes