cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How to disable wifi on my Samsung Dishwasher?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchsed a new Samsung dishwasher(DW8OR9950 Series) and won't be using the wifi/SmartThings app, but noticed that the unit is broadcasting a wifi connection. How do I disable this? I don't want anyone to take control of the dishwasher...

Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: How to disable wifi on my Samsung Dishwasher?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I was hoping to hear, that access to the control panel is required, and it makes all the difference. Thanks for clarifying that!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. The WiFi connection on the dishwasher cannot be disabled.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that too! So is it possible for someone to hack my dishwasher? It looks like the wifi connection is only broadcast when it's running, and it shows as password protected. But from the instructions in the manual, it sounds like if someone in range has the app installed, they may be able to make the connection. As a retired person with no children who would never run the dishwasher when I'm not there, I don't have a use for this feature.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way to connect to the dishwasher requires the connecting device and the unit to both be connected to the same WiFi network, There is also a setup procedure that must be verified before the devices see each other, so an unauthorized connection is extremely unlikely, and if the dishwasher has not been verified by the network, it will be unable to connect.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that reassurance. Can a neighbor in range with their own WiFi network and the app installed on their smartphone, complete the setup procedure? If I understand correctly, the dishwasher connects automatically to a WiFi network through the app when the smartphone is connected.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, they would need to be physically very close to your dishwasher, know which model you have, and have access to the dishwasher control panel to complete the connection. The connection does have to be authorized from the dishwasher itself.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I was hoping to hear, that access to the control panel is required, and it makes all the difference. Thanks for clarifying that!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are most welcome.