JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to fix freezer on 2018 RF22N9781 - any suggestions

(Topic created: 11-27-2021 03:42 PM)
DMc695
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a Samsung french door refrigerator Model R22N9718SR/AA and it was purchased June 2018 in Port Huron MI, at Home Depot. We live in Canada and this model was unavailable in Sarnia Ontario Canada at the Home Depot approx. 10 miles away from crossing the "Bluewater Bridge". 

The lower left freezer compartment is not freezing anymore. I called Samsung support and was told we have no warranty on this Premium model. I then called Samsumg support service and was told the closest repair to our postal code L3V6R2 was 90 miles away near Toronto. I called the company recommended and they don't leave the store for less than $120 sevice call fee.  

I called Appliance repair in my area and they will not service Samsung for issues they have encountered.

Can someone at Samsung confirm there is no closer Samsung technician to my postal code and confirm I am out of luck on the freezer evaporator issue I am having with this $4,000  and 3 year old refrigerator .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. In regard to the cooling issue with the freezer, please try the following troubleshooting: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001027/

If the issue persists, service is required. This fridge does come with the standard 1-year warranty from the date of purchase. However, the unit doesn't carry an international Warranty. Below I have provided a screenshot of the user's manual that states what the limited warranty covers. With you being located outside the US, you are out of range for service for the fridge. So if you do indeed need service, you would have to reach out to a local service center in your area, and the repair would be an out-of-pocket expense. 

To find a service center in your area, please visit: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/your-service/main I do want to forewarn you, that the repair maybe a little more expensive as any parts needed would have to be specially ordered and shipped internationally. Each appliance is made for its specific region so you may encounter some trouble finding a servicer in the area as well.

In my honest opinion, if I were in your shoes personally, I would search for a replacement unit that is a Canadian model. I understand this is frustrating, and I'm sorry you're having to go through this! 

SamsungJustin_0-1638842436512.png

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. In regard to the cooling issue with the freezer, please try the following troubleshooting: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001027/

If the issue persists, service is required. This fridge does come with the standard 1-year warranty from the date of purchase. However, the unit doesn't carry an international Warranty. Below I have provided a screenshot of the user's manual that states what the limited warranty covers. With you being located outside the US, you are out of range for service for the fridge. So if you do indeed need service, you would have to reach out to a local service center in your area, and the repair would be an out-of-pocket expense. 

To find a service center in your area, please visit: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/your-service/main I do want to forewarn you, that the repair maybe a little more expensive as any parts needed would have to be specially ordered and shipped internationally. Each appliance is made for its specific region so you may encounter some trouble finding a servicer in the area as well.

In my honest opinion, if I were in your shoes personally, I would search for a replacement unit that is a Canadian model. I understand this is frustrating, and I'm sorry you're having to go through this! 

SamsungJustin_0-1638842436512.png

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes