JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to remove the warranty sticker on the door of a Samsung refrigerator.

(Topic created on: 8/2/19 1:19 PM)
userGqNgnIb2iz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This sticker seems impossible to remove. When you try it only pulls the plastic coating away not from the surface. Brand new RF28R7351SR.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7a2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userGqNgnIb2iz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I finally was able to peel it off. At first I tried the upper left cornor but the plastic coating of the label was peeling, not the back layer with the adhesive.  A few days later I was able to get the right lower corner up a bit and the adhesive started to give. I pulled it very slowly and off it came leaveing no marks. Do not use any sharp instrutment or blade whereas you'll scratch the clear coar finish on top of the stainless steel.

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
userGqNgnIb2iz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I finally was able to peel it off. At first I tried the upper left cornor but the plastic coating of the label was peeling, not the back layer with the adhesive.  A few days later I was able to get the right lower corner up a bit and the adhesive started to give. I pulled it very slowly and off it came leaveing no marks. Do not use any sharp instrutment or blade whereas you'll scratch the clear coar finish on top of the stainless steel.

View solution in context

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for the input!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userPX5nUIrsjs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The best way to remove the sticker is by applying heat with a blow dryer and pulling the sticker off from any corner. It doesn't need much heat. If there is any adhesive left use Magic Stainless Steel cleaner and it will look like it was never there.

0 Likes
userf1nNF0brRs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Blow dryer worked like magic !  When the sticker got hot to the touch, it peeled off effortlessly !

0 Likes
userLB40FvG4I3
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Will this also work on the black stainless? Can I get this sticker off without damaging the blackstainless?

0 Likes
userGqNgnIb2iz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, all three shades of Samsung are identical material. 

0 Likes
userLGZdLdOxFu
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm surprised there aren't more customers complaining about this. $2000 refrigerator with an advertisement on the door that appears impossible to remove. 

I'm glad to know you successfully removed it without damage to finish. Samsung should be ashamed. 

userepSPG96zPR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well, mine did not peel off well at all and left behind a large amount of adhesive.  

I was able to clean the adhesive off by wetting a paper towel with Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish and gently rubbing the affected area.  It took a few applications using fresh towels, but I eventually got it all off.  I then cleaned the area with dish soap and a sponge followed by just water.  

I suspect the active ingredient in the Weiman product was white mineral oil.  

YMMV

0 Likes
userGqNgnIb2iz
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This refigerator and other appliances with the Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel is not stainless steel. It is a wrap of somekind with a clear coat finish. It looks extremely real and a high quality finish.  Magnetic will stick to the the doors, therefore it is a steel door with a coating. Any abrasive cleaner or hard chemical cleaner can damge the surface. 

0 Likes