Original topic:

How to upload multiple pictures at a time via Smartthings

(Topic created: 10-02-2021 02:02 PM)
user7FsoTrFd2x
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

On my ToDo list today was: Upload some new pics to the fridge.

Over the years I've uploaded 100s of pictures to my Family Hub fridge. At the end of the day, the photo screen saver is the most valuable feature of this . So today I opened up my SmartThings app to add some more pictures. It looks like a new version of the app has been released. Most of my Samsung devices (TVs, washer/dryer, cooktop) are all there except for my fridge. Oh $#&$ here we go again. After 60 minutes of unsuccessful pairing of my phone to my fridge I stumble on a brief mention on some forum that seemed interesting

Pro tip: take out your phone's SIM card when you are trying to set up your fridge). So now my phone finally connected to my fridge (for the 3rd or 4th time, mind you).

Now an hour in I can settle into actually doing the thing I wanted to do: upload pictures!

Finding the button in the Smartthings app for uploading pictures was easy. It pulled up my photo album quickly. I selected my first picture and it pops back into the Fridge device asking me to upload 1 picture.

Wait what? I can only upload 1 picture at a time? And every time I have to re-navigate through my photo album to find where I left off? Surely I'm doing this wrong. No one in their right mind would design a human interface like that, would they? Best case I am looking at 10 sec/photo. And I wanted to add 100s of photos today. Who has time for that?

Please esteemed family hub fridge owners, is there a faster way to get photos onto my fridge?

2 Replies
Samsunger_42
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I was trying to upload a bunch of Halloween pictures yesterday via the 'NEW' SmartThings APP and I cannot either. I have an iPhone, although I don't think that matters. It has me upload one picture at a time. I still had the Family Hub installed on my phone, and figured I'd bypass the SmartThings App and directly try it that way, but no, just asks me to go back to SmartThings. Lame!! 

I agree, it makes zero sense to have an interface designed this way! 

Samsunger_42
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So I spoke to someone at Samsung SmartThings App and I believe this is the only way to upload pictures. I was shocked when the lady said that this is the only way. Who knows if they will even update the app to allow us to upload multiple pictures. Again, makes no sense. Siggghhhh!!