cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlnD2eTp29V
Constellation

Ice Maker Freezes Over - RF23J9011SG

I purchased this refrigerator within the past couple of years.  Conveniently, right after my 1 year warranty expired, our ice maker started freezing over and building up frost, clogging up the whole machine.  I contacted Samsung, and was told that I could pay to have a service tech come look at it, which I didn’t want to do since the refrigerator was still brand new, by all intents and purposes.  I have gone about a year having to dethaw my ice maker about every 2 weeks.  I figured I just got unlucky, but am now seeing all over the internet that this is a common theme with Samsung refrigerators and this ice maker style, in particular.  Do I have any options to remedy this that doesn’t result in me spending another Large amount of money on top of the thousands I already spent on this refirgerator?  As of now, and based on others’ experiences, I am ready to shout from the rooftops that nobody should buy a Samsung appliance ever again.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker Freezes Over - RF23J9011SG

I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a private message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full serial number of the refrigerator?

userLpUETLG2hl
Constellation

Samsung set me up with a repair person and a new repair kit - free. I purchased mine 5/2017. He came out last week, installed a new 3 part fix which included new ice maker with part number ending in 19, a new drain tube (larger) for the freezing unit behind the ice maker and a new 'mother board.' Working good so far after 4 days. Hope SamsungHeath can help you too.

userlnD2eTp29V
Constellation

Hey thanks for the feedback. @SamsungHeath set up the same for me and things seem to be working after a few weeks. Thank you Samsung for making things right!