cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbmrn2MsSiZ
Constellation

Ice Maker Freezing Up

file1-1[5688].jpegfile2[5689].jpegfile-6[5687].jpeg

Like so many people before me the ice maker constantly freezes up. When you remove the ice maker bin there is what appears to be ice cubes frozen between the top of the ice maker and the wall of the unit where the bin slides in. No matter how many times you clear them out, it happens again within a matter of a two weeks. Yes, the fridge is level and the temperatures are: freezer 0 fridge 35.

9 REPLIES 9
userEq5EnJqlrp
Constellation

The same thing keeps happening to me...Clearing lines and...

The same thing keeps happening to me...Clearing lines and emptying trays evennchanging temps.Annoying to say the Least

Samsung_OPpDZUZ
Astronaut

I do alot of those Samsung ice makers. They usuallare fro...

I do alot of those Samsung ice makers. They usuallare from 6months out to 6 years old. It will have to be done by a good qualified technician. The cost will range from 350 to 700 depending on model. It will need an icemaker, y clip asm, glue, and some models will also need a control board and augers motor assembly. I can do them without the control board and augers. The problem is that the ice room isn't sealed properly and the original icemaker is wrong. I've honestly done over 100 of them without having any call backs.

userbmrn2MsSiZ
Constellation

Re: I do alot of those Samsung ice makers. They usuallare fro...

I paid extra to have the manufacturer's warranty extended for 5 years(BestBuy) so it sounds like my best bet is to call them and have the icemaker replaced as the fridge is only 3 years old.

jennluau
Astronaut

I have been having he same issues with my ice maker.  Where are you located? Can you fix my Samsung? Or know where I can find a repairman who actually knows how to correct the issue?

userrEVVijczE2
Astronaut

where are you located ?

userYRz4EGG1ta
Astronaut

What do you mean the ice room isn't sealed properly? Defective? 

Samsung_OPpDZUZ
Astronaut

Also under NO CIRCUMSTANCES. DO NOT USE A BLOW DRYER. Use...

Also under NO CIRCUMSTANCES. DO NOT USE A BLOW DRYER. Use a steamer to defrost it. If u melt or warp the plastic. You will ruin the refrigerator.

userjxXPsSYkWz
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Freezing Up

The same thing keeps happening to my refrigerator..this is the second time it has been repaired...new ice maker kit was replaced.  it is very annoying since the refrigerator is brand new.

usertypg1O4cnT
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Freezing Up

Hey, you stole my pictures Smiley Wink  At least saved me from taking the same ones.  I have the same exact problem with mine model RF22NPED8SR.  We usually go about 2-3 weeks before I need to open it up and remove all the chunks.  It's quite infuriating as we only notice when no more ice comes out.

Ours started right before our warranty ended and I thought it was from the ice tray not being all the way in.  After cleaning it and ensuring that it was all in place I was quite surprised to have it happen again but by then the warranty had passed.  It stinks having a full kitchen full of Samsung appliances that work great (stove, dishwasher, microwave and fridge) and having this type of problem.

Has anyone found a solution for it?