cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice Maker Isn’t Making Ice - RFG297HDRS

Hello,

My ice maker isn't making ice. I've tried pushing the reset button, and no chime happens (despite holding it down for up to 15 seconds). Water is still able to be dispensed. I don't see any ice buildup. The "ice off" isn't selected.

any suggestions?

thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker Isn’t Making Ice - RFG297HDRS

How long have you had this unit?

When was the last time you changed your water filter?

Is the unit leveled? (see link below)

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello,

Thanks for your response. We have had this unit for approximately 6 years. Filter was changed last month, and it is level.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming. When dispensing water, how many ounces of water are you able to dispense in 10 seconds?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello,

It dispensed 10.3 ounces in 10 seconds.

thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would like to look further into this for you. Could you provide the serial number of the fridge via private message?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you, private message sent.