JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 05:03 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I understand how frustrating that can be and would like to assist as best as possible with this concern. Please note we do not advise using anything such as a hairdryer to defrost because it can damage the ice maker. I located some troubleshooting steps I would encourage you to give a try here Ice Maker and regrettably if the steps provided do not resolve your issue we will suggest having it serviced by a technician. You can use this link Service Link to find a service center in your area or private message me PM Link with your Full name, Street Address, Email Address, Contact Number, Place of Purchase, and serial number to review service options.

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link from the app, you can click on my name and select the "message" option as a method to contact me directly as well

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVqXxHukEbt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Had the freezing problem but found a solution other than sealing around the box and changing all the parts.  When I first got the unit, it worked fine for several years. Our only complaint was how ssslowww the water was dispensed. No freezing going on. 

A water leaked forced me to replace the spigot in the wall. When I turned it back on, the leak was gone AND the slow water issue was gone too!!!! In fact it was coming out so fast, it was shooting out of the glass sometimes. The wife was quite pleased.  But that's when the freezing started. Unfortunately, I did not connect the two until recently.  

I saw a post and noticed a Samsung post that said the minimum water coming out should fill a glass about 6 ounces in 10 seconds.  Mine was doing that in about 3 or 4 seconds. 

Back to the spigot... I turned the water way down, almost off, and experimented with the water pressure.   Lo and behold,  the sweet spot was 7 seconds for an 8 ounce glass. It's been over a month and no freezing. Before it would be frozen over in a week.

The earlier post I saw said that too high of pressure will cause the water to splash all over the place inside while filling the ice tray, ergo lots of water to freeze up. I haven't sealed anything or swapped out any parts, just lowered the water pressure.  

Some but it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am happy to hear that the icemaker is now working for you.

userGbilh1MYGO
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This useless ice maker has never worked since we brought the unit, constantly freezers the icemaking system I've had to constantly use a hairdryer to unfreeze it, the prior unit was an LG that worked perfectly wish I'd never wasted my money on this expensive useless fridge/freezer.

I Will toss it out in a few more years, never buy any Samsung appliance - lesson learned, I've had a front loader die, another useless Samsung product within 3 years, and this pain in my butt fridge freezer with an ice maker that's never worked properly since we brought it.

Was considering a flip 3 but I'm just so unsure of this company's product quality I'm no longer sure I'll buy anything they make the only device that has worked well is my Samsung tablet everything else has been pretty much rubbish.

usercpsga6lDdS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased a Samsung RF263BEAESR AA Rev 01 refrigerator new and the ice maker has never really worked properly.  I have to defrost the ice maker every 2-3 weeks to keep it working. 

I had the ice maker "fixed" in 2019 and now the Ice maker has been icing over continuously for the last year +.  I just received an estimate to perform a Samsung service bulletin to the tune of $587.  I would think that a "service bulletin" would mean there is a defect in the product and the manufacturer would pay to correct the issue. 

I see there is a class action lawsuit "Bianchi v. Samsung Electronics America" regarding this issue.  Do I have to wait for the results of that, or can Samsung step up and help me have an appliance that works as advertised?