cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung doesn't have a service center or a contractor in my area. My ice maker on the refrigerator is freezing up. They were just like sorry we can't help you. Refrigerator is a year and a half old. Will not be buying another samsung appliance again. Very disappointed and mad.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a newer Samsung RF23M8590SR French Door Refrigerator. The ice maker is constantly freezing up. I have read numerous articles about this problem with Samsung refrigerators. Are these being recalled? Is there a fix yet for the problem?

Constellation

Re: Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem, although we have had our refrigerator since 2016.  Three years of ice maker issues!  Water oversprays, causing ice to freeze together and then jam up.   It's getting old....   I contacted Samsung back in 2016 and they said "they didn't know of any issues with the ice maker jamming up and leaking, but would take my contact information."  Well, no contact from Samsung, and three years later I see from reading many different forums, that the problems are still there and Samsung has not issued a recall or come up with a fix that works.   Two different repairmen have told me not to bother paying to replace the ice maker kit because it doesn't fix the problem: they feel it's a design issue.   Therefore, I just joined a class action suit.  I don't know what else to do.  My husband is seriously thinking of buying a countertop ice maker as our family Christmas gift.   He is tired of these issues and is willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars because he wants ice!  We shouldn't have to do this after paying thousands of dollars for a refrigerator/freezer.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This refrigerator does it to me too I'm tired of taking a knife every week to chisel the ice away!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, mine has been a constant issue, these guys should do something about it, this is not a coincidence that all of them are having problems, this is not like we are damaging the unit, this is a self genrerated issue withing the system. Why are we being penalized. This is really bad

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RFG297HDRS Refrigerator. Same issue as many. Water leaks into bottom of ice bin and freezes up. Making it inoperable. I have had it off for 2 years. Is there a replacement ice maker that is a later model that I can substitute that works....also...is there a kit for my model to install a second ice maker in the bottom freezer 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine leaks water when you try to get ice and have to remove the tray and break up all this frozen ice at the back of the unit. It looks like a giant clump is stuck to the back of the ice maker about once a week. We have been fighting this for over a year and I'm over it. I hate this fridge! Won't buy Samsung anything again. It is 2 1/2 years old. So disappointed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does the same thing its so frustrating! IT just started to freez everything inside into ice blocks.

whatever I put in turns into ice blocks, I tried turn the temperature up didnt work. Just connected on their chat site that was a waste of time.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker freezes up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is a recurring problem but I did not see a solution in your blog.  I have to defrost the icemaker with a hair dryer on a monthly basis.  Is there a remedy for this defect?

Model: RF23J9011SR/AA

S/N: [edit]

Thanks,

Robert