Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever youtube it

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is asking for model?  And "jump to solution" is a joke.  This is all over the internet and there's at least a couple of class action lawsuits.   Apparently, Samsung is notorious for lousy ice makers.  I called Samsung to get some help / solution, and all I was told is that they would schedule a tech.  Never did, I'm out of warranty, the problem started after.  Our neighbor and we bought the same refrigerator at the same time, theirs has the same problem.  Fortunately, the rest of the refirgerator has been reliable and I'm happy with that.  But I think i't disgusting that the ice maker has to be defrosted every couple of weeks and their response is only to provide the model, like they are unaware that there's a problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cinco3209 Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of your refrigerator so I may look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. My fridge, just out of warranty, no longer has a functional ice maker. My model no. is: RF28HFEDBSR. It cost almost $2K at Home Depot. This is absurd. Can someone please help! It seems like these problems are well known and should be offered a solution!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same problem for several years. I just found out there is a class action suit, which brought me here.

Ice Maker freezes over every week. Also, dripping of water from the front is a regular occurance.

I'm not able to turn down the water pressure because of where the line feed is located.

I usually have to use hair dryer to defrost.

Very disappointing.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,I have the RF30HBEDBSR model with the same issues, originally I had the extra warranty (expired) and they did replace it, problem cam eback a few months after that, this is really upsetting, I can't even get ice out my own home, ice machine cost about $ 120 plus labor it is about $ 250.00 for something that it will happen again, it is not fair to the consumer that this is happening to us, definetly is a defective issue from Samsung across the board, they should be able to exchange them for free.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  Please send me a link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker does the same thing!  I see this is frequent problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same problem. Constantly have to remove the frozen ice jam. Gave up on it about 4 months ago. It has been doing this since I bought it. Also out of warranty. Being on fixed income just adds to the problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, so that we can look into this for you can you send us a private message with your full model number and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.