cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same problem for several years. I just found out there is a class action suit, which brought me here.

Ice Maker freezes over every week. Also, dripping of water from the front is a regular occurance.

I'm not able to turn down the water pressure because of where the line feed is located.

I usually have to use hair dryer to defrost.

Very disappointing.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,I have the RF30HBEDBSR model with the same issues, originally I had the extra warranty (expired) and they did replace it, problem cam eback a few months after that, this is really upsetting, I can't even get ice out my own home, ice machine cost about $ 120 plus labor it is about $ 250.00 for something that it will happen again, it is not fair to the consumer that this is happening to us, definetly is a defective issue from Samsung across the board, they should be able to exchange them for free.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  Please send me a link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker does the same thing!  I see this is frequent problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same problem. Constantly have to remove the frozen ice jam. Gave up on it about 4 months ago. It has been doing this since I bought it. Also out of warranty. Being on fixed income just adds to the problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, so that we can look into this for you can you send us a private message with your full model number and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker in model RF28HMEDBSR/AA continually freezes up. I've had to chip away at it to get it cleared.  It then usually made ice for a few weeks and then would freeze up.  and now will not make any ice.  any help would be appreciated.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung doesn't have a service center or a contractor in my area. My ice maker on the refrigerator is freezing up. They were just like sorry we can't help you. Refrigerator is a year and a half old. Will not be buying another samsung appliance again. Very disappointed and mad.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a newer Samsung RF23M8590SR French Door Refrigerator. The ice maker is constantly freezing up. I have read numerous articles about this problem with Samsung refrigerators. Are these being recalled? Is there a fix yet for the problem?