Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  Please send me a link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker does the same thing!  I see this is frequent problem. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same problem. Constantly have to remove the frozen ice jam. Gave up on it about 4 months ago. It has been doing this since I bought it. Also out of warranty. Being on fixed income just adds to the problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, so that we can look into this for you can you send us a private message with your full model number and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker in model RF28HMEDBSR/AA continually freezes up. I've had to chip away at it to get it cleared.  It then usually made ice for a few weeks and then would freeze up.  and now will not make any ice.  any help would be appreciated.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung doesn't have a service center or a contractor in my area. My ice maker on the refrigerator is freezing up. They were just like sorry we can't help you. Refrigerator is a year and a half old. Will not be buying another samsung appliance again. Very disappointed and mad.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a newer Samsung RF23M8590SR French Door Refrigerator. The ice maker is constantly freezing up. I have read numerous articles about this problem with Samsung refrigerators. Are these being recalled? Is there a fix yet for the problem?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem, although we have had our refrigerator since 2016.  Three years of ice maker issues!  Water oversprays, causing ice to freeze together and then jam up.   It's getting old....   I contacted Samsung back in 2016 and they said "they didn't know of any issues with the ice maker jamming up and leaking, but would take my contact information."  Well, no contact from Samsung, and three years later I see from reading many different forums, that the problems are still there and Samsung has not issued a recall or come up with a fix that works.   Two different repairmen have told me not to bother paying to replace the ice maker kit because it doesn't fix the problem: they feel it's a design issue.   Therefore, I just joined a class action suit.  I don't know what else to do.  My husband is seriously thinking of buying a countertop ice maker as our family Christmas gift.   He is tired of these issues and is willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars because he wants ice!  We shouldn't have to do this after paying thousands of dollars for a refrigerator/freezer.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This refrigerator does it to me too I'm tired of taking a knife every week to chisel the ice away!!