Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

Give this link a shot.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have model RF24J9960 refrigerator, part of the Samsung Chef Collection series. The ice maker stops working every couple of weeks with heavy frosting inside. I need to manually defrost it, which is a real pain. I have several other Samsung Chef Collection appliances, and many of them have serious quality problems. Any advice on how to get this one really fixed? My old Samsung refrigerator, also a French Door model, which we stil have, never had this problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Was the link I posted any help?

Highlighted
Constellation

Even though Samsung replaced the entire ice maker mechanism still have the same problem. So even if they "take care of you" it doesn't help in the long run. What I have to do is get out a steam cleaner (similar to the one the Dish Network tech used) every few weeks and melt the block of ice.

The sad thing is at one point Samsung said they would replace my fridge for a new one, but a few days later they backtracked and said they couldn't do that(!)

Highlighted
Constellation

model#RF22M9581SR/AA

My ice maker has frost/ice all over it and wont make ice. please help its less than 2 years old.  

Highlighted
Constellation

U r gettin air it is oxidizing that is y ur getting ice b...

U r gettin air it is oxidizing that is y ur getting ice build up

Highlighted
Constellation

We still have our icemaker freezing up. Samsung knows there is a problem and has class action lawsuits for this matter. I'll never buy another fridge from Samsung.

Constellation

Same problem as everyone else here has reported.  Ice maker has never been stellar, but it worked....up until last week....now, frosted over and no ice.  Defrosted, hair dryer, repeated, etc.  PM'd one of the mods and will see what gets suggested.  Overall, such a disappointing situation for all.