cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: French door refrigerator icemaker freezeups.

@usery832tbd2rk   We will be happy to assist. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

We're that able to help or not?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes I have had the same issue and have had my ice maker replaced.  Samsung what are the options here?

Highlighted
Astronaut

It seems we are not the only ones with this issue. We purchased the French Door Flex zone model and have had nothing but problems with the ice maker ever since. The icemaker freezes up, the drawer freezes and cannot be removed, we have to defrost, which requires emptying the entire box and turning off the fridge. I see that the "solution" offered by Samsung is to say sorry for your problems. Very disappointed in this product, which has great space, but poor function.

Highlighted

I have the same ongoing issue with having to manually defrost my icemaker with a hairdryer every 2 weeks or so. Is there a solution or am I stuck?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice maker is frosted over

The ice maker on our new Samsung 4-Door Flex refrigerator (model # RF28K9380) has already frosted over and will not make ice.  How do you defrost the ice maker?  Is it normal to have frosted over so fast?  It has only been a month.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

Mine is doing the same thing.  2 months old.  Chatted on-line to Samsung last night.  3 different links.  Still do not know why it  is happening after only 2 months.  Sounds like a fault of the design.

I have to defrost and reset; I will try this when I have some time this week-end.  If it happens again, calling for a tech out for warranty

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted if you need us to set that up.    

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had contacted Samsung support, which were of no help whatsoever.  They suggested resetting the ice maker.  I tried it and it did not work, which is why I had turned to this forum.

I did not want to defrost the entire fridge/freezer.  At first, I tried putting narrow containers of boiling water in the ice maker, but it did not work.  So, I pulled out the hairdryer.  It worked great.  Be ready with some towels though.  It melts fast.

To do this, pull out the bottom drawer before starting and put a large towel on the (inside) bottom of the fridge.  Put a small towel in the bottom of the ice maker.  Then begin with the hairdryer.  It doesn't take long, but be sure to melt the ice behind the ice maker (inside).  Once you start melting the ice, you can feel it in the back of the unit.  It gets pretty hot in the ice maker pretty fast.

Once defrosted and dry, reset the ice maker and re-insert the tray.  Samsung has a great diagram on how to reset the ice maker.  I cannot find the link, but it has very helpful pictures on how to reset it.  Maybe the Samsung Moderator could post the link in a reply.

That did the trick - until next time.  We are making ice again.  I just now opened up the ice maker - and I am happy to report that I don't see any frost building up - and a full tray of ice.  Hopefully, the problem is solved.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Constellation

thanks so much for posting your procedure. I'm going to give this a try before I send my ice pick and hot air gun schematic to samsung corporate engineering so they can start shipping every refrigerator with these critical accessories.