cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refridgerator Model RF25HMEDBSG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my refridgerator for about 3 years.  We have been having issues with our icemaker freezing up over the last year.  I am frustrated with it!  I have spoken to customer service to have it repaired only to be told that I would have to pay $500 for a repairman to come out and even start to look at the problem.  I paid nearly $2000 for this refridgerator and feel as though I threw my money away on it.  

Looking at the internet there are hundreds of people with the same problem and have not had any luck with fixing it.  While I am writing this post, I am listening to the constant beeping of my fridge due to having put it in forced defrost mode.  

I found out that there are people who have been refunded the full amount of what they paid for their fridge and there are other people involved in a class action suit against samsung at this time.  

Please help!  I can not pay $500 to  have it repaired and from what I read the repairs only last for a little while and then we are back to the same issue at hand.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Family Hub Ice Maker FROZEN AGAIN!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MODEL NUMBER: RF22M9581SR/AA

We purchased our Samsung 4-Door Flex Family Hub fridge on 11/12/17.  We were so excited and fell in love with it.....then it stopped making ice all of a sudden.  I opened the ice maker and noticed that the ice had completely frozen together and started backing up into the ice machine.  I had to take a hair dryer to melt the ice and an ice pick to break it apart.  This worked for about a week or so.  Then it happened again.  I called Samsung and they sent our a repair guy who replaced the ice machien completely.  Then it started again!!  I called today and they want to send out another repair guy.  I'm beyond frustrated at this point.  This fridge is less than 2 years old. 

The ice machine leaks so much, that it now leaks down the inside wall of the left fridge door.  The door now squeaks when we open it and my food inside sometimes gets wet and mushy.  I don't know what else to do at this point.  We spent $3400.00 on this fridge and it feels like we bought junk.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Family Hub Ice Maker FROZEN AGAIN!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This may be an issue with your water pressure being set too high. Can I have any ticket numbers associated with this? I would like to look more into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Family Hub Ice Maker FROZEN AGAIN!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This keeps happening to me. One repair under warranty. It is now out of warranty and I can not get a decent response!  So dissatisfied with Samsung 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker PROBLEMS Samsung RFG237AARS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samaung model listed above. For the past year I have been having ice maker issues. It drips water along the side and freezes up on the bottom of the tray and underneath. I am constantly chipping away ice evey day now, before I had to chip away at least once a month. Any help?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Ice Maker PROBLEMS Samsung RFG237AARS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What finally addressed it for now is replaceing not only the icemaker itself but there is a module that it connects to in the back of the icemaker. What the Samung tech told me is that there is a portion of connection hose that had issues with being exposed to frosting. The new module fixes this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker PROBLEMS Samsung RFG237AARS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having similar issues.  What was the resolution to the issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Refrigerator model RF28JBEDBSG/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a 2016 model.  I bought it, a dishwasher, microwave and stove at the same time.  Since 2017 I have had problems with the ice maker freezing up and dripping out of the dispenser.  I have been banging up my knuckles with a butter knife picking ice off of the unit for years.  It used to resume making ice, but now it won't make ice at all even though the giant ice is broken.  I have contacted Samsung many times over the years asking for help and all I got was "it is out of warranty you can pay for service."  Now there is a class action lawsuit due to defective design.  I have repeatedly requested a free service to fix this design defect and I am denied due to it being out of warranty.  This is not a warranty issue.  It is a design defect.  You can search here and see dozens if not hundreds of people with the same issue.  Search online and you will find tens of thousands.  Samsung:  please make good on your faulty design and either send a repair person at your cost or replace the unit.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator model RF28JBEDBSG/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no link.  Please resend link.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator model RF28JBEDBSG/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PM Link.  http://bit.ly/2LSliR1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.