cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my samsung fridge has same issue with the ice maker , it can not make ice and I can't remove the tray. I don't know what wrong
the model is RF22K9581SG
please help..

Highlighted
Constellation

NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Worst thing I ever brought!!! I 

spent 1500. 7 years ago on this hunk of junk. Broke 3 times now... SAME THING!!!

I have to dry up ice and freezing water from under & in crisper/veggie bins DAILY. 
Samsung said they'd fix this issue if they t happens a third time but; denied the conversation once it broke again.  

RE: RF197ACWP/XAA

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator in 10/12 from Plessers. Right after the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty Ended the frig started collected water in the vegetable bins and would form a large sheet of ice underneath them.

I paid about $300. for the repair, early 2016, which was a faulty/broken temperature sensor.

Two years later 9/18 the SAME EXACT THING started to happen. (Water in bins & ice/ water under bins) I called Samsung. They opened a repair ticket & I was told they send a local licensed company out to service it.  I was also told I had to pay AGAIN.

The Samsung rep said if it’s the same exact thing (temperature sensor) that needs to be repaired/replaced to let them (Samsung) know; God Forbid it happens again so I wouldn’t have to continue to pay for this.

So; I had it fixed and I paid close to $300. again for ANOTHER TEMPERATURE SENSOR, which was the issue again. The company that fixed it for me, via Samsung’s recommendation,  WILLISTON TV, said Samsung had a recall on these and they’ve fixed tons of these fridges for the same reason.

I spoke to Samsung later that week direct again after the initial conversation earlier in the week. I explained the job was complete and it was the temperature sensor again that was broken.  Samsung told me there was ‘NO KNOW RECALL’ but; they’ll put it on my record that I fixed it twice and if it happens again... don’t worry.  I was told to just call Samsung directly and they’ll see the file and send someone out to repair it at no charge; despite the 90 day warranty from Williston TV.

I called Samsung yesterday and left a message for a return call because the wait time was over 1  1/2 hours; no reply call received.

I called Samsung today and was disconnected after waiting for 1 hour.  I called back and after holding for 93 minutes i spoke to Jason. He  told Me today that he not only doesn’t see that my fridge was fixed by Williston in 9/18 but he has NO record of my conversation about this repair being fixed at no cost. I told Jason I have both of my repair receipts but he said they didn’t matter anyway and they were irrelevant because the fridge is almost 8 years old.  I explained to Jason I was told I would have to pay again for this temperature sensor and he told me that’s not true; and I only had 90 days either way.  I left it off with Jason to set up a repair order ticket for me and I will now have to pay a third time for a temperate sensor for a fridge that isn’t even 8 years old.

This isn’t right, fair, or just.

I then went onto Samsung’s chat to get an address to make sure I provided the correct one for BBB; but the company’s customer service rep refused to give it to me.

Clearly this fridge/ model is a lemon and should ALSO be on their similar barn door model recall list.

Why is this not a class action law suit????

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator, Model RF20HFENBSR, haS frozen up twice in a month for the past three months. Its ridiculous. It shouldn't be like this with a 2 year old refrigerator! Can't afford a new one so I have to deal with this every month! Someone has to be held accountable.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that just to confirm is the ice maker freezing up? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no idea what it is but the whole back my refrigerator compartment is frozen. It makes ice so i don't know what the problem is. I have a full tray of ice currently. I'm tired of unloading my refrigerator compartment to defrost the refrigerator and throw away food. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung refrigerators all have two serious problems that manifest after a few years:

1. The icemaker fails (major ice buildup prevents it from making and dispensing ice).

2. The refrigerator freezes up and food gets spoiled.

Our model is RF28HDEDBSR. The icemaker died a few years ago after only working properly for a few years. A Samsung rep said it has been a problem for years with all models :-( . About a year ago (in 2019) they released a new "icemaker kit" for around $300 but the rep said it was so new that he could not guarantee if it works or how long it might work until it malfunctions so we didn't get one. We turned off the icemaker. It's outrageous to not have a working icemaker in a refrigerator that is so expensive!

The second indemic problem kicked in around the same time as the icemaker failed, namely, ice buildup behind the main refrigerator compartment. The rep installed a leakage kit which worked for nearly a year but now everything in the fridge is freezing and food is being spoiled.

Several threads here mention class action lawsuits but there is never a way to find them via this website.

Highlighted
Constellation

Issues with my Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First and foremost Samsung has the worst refrigerators we have ever had and we run several property rentals. We have the RS22HDHPNWW/AA S/N <hidden> refrigerator and have had nothing but problems from the beginning. First of all there is bubbling under the icemaker and rust and our repair man from home depot told us this was caused by a defect in the model design. Secondly it has gone out on us multiple times starting the first year a d we have lost thousands if dollars worth of food. Who else has had similar problems? I think its time for ANOTHER class action lawsuit.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Refrigerator Class Action Lawsuit

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @user2qUJ27FSTt ,

I am sorry for your experience you have had across the board. You will need to send a private message with the full model and serial number to any of the mods. They will be able to assist you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fear it is just a matter of time before this loud RF263BEAESR that we have dies. I am attempting to get it repaired through SAMSUNG but they are only willing to send out one company that is 2.5 hours away with the worst reviews I have ever read almost criminal in some cases.  very upsetting.  Three weeks ago they sent DISH to fix my ice maker and it seems to be working perfectly (they replaced a lot of parts), Now it sounds like a propeller againt something rattling. I checked the "fix" of leveling and raising the front legs it almost sounds worse.  I hope you get your problem resolved. I think I like the class action idea, also there is a FB page about refunds have you seen it?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the Facebook page.  Over 18,000 are part of this group.  I can't believe Samsung has let so many people down with such low quality products and are completely unaccountable for their faulty products.