cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Samsung RF28R7351SR/AA ice box is stuck! (Manual defrost?)

Force Defrost defrosts just the ice maker

Asteroid

Re: Samsung RF28R7351SR/AA ice box is stuck! (Manual defrost?)

Reposted 

***TRY THIS FIX, IT WORKED FOR ME!***  I  had the same problem with the ice maker freezering up and no ice.  Inherent issue with all the different Samsung models with icemakers in the fridge.  Then I found this video on line after hours of viewing other temporary fixes such as, code resets, blow dryers and ice picking!  Ice would dispense for about a week before the problem would resurface. The problem is when you initially set up the fridge, it is either left alone on the wheels or leveled with the adjustable casters.  This setup causes the icemaker to to overflow when filling with water, dripping over the right side, freezes and stops dispensing when the buildup of ice blocks the sensor mounted near the front.  The solution is that the fridge needs to be tilted back about 1/4" by raising the front casters to keep water from overflowing.  Make sure you start fresh with a defrosted icemaker using the force defrost. It's been over a month now with fresh ice and just a light frost on the underside and right side of the dispenser. It should be noted that the creator of the video stated that this worked for a few months for him before problems resurfaced.  I'm hopeful this solves my problems.

20200922_114531.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SZrGZq_60

Astronaut

Refrigerator model RF28HMEDBSR

Ice maker continually freezes up. Has the class action suit been resolved?

Astronaut

ICEMAKER NOT MAKING ICE- MODEL#RF261BEAESR/AA 06

The Icemaker located in the lower freezer stopped making ice. It has some frost on it and I wiped it off. Still no ice. I see that there is a class action suit but from the video it looks like that model was different than the one I purchased in June 2020. I feel that this is rediculous to have this problem especially since it's been less than 90 days. Has anyone had similiar instances. 

Asteroid

Ice maker issues- lawsuit?

Does anyone having issues with their icemaker (which as I read form posts and articles is many people) know how to join the class action suit?

It is unethical that so many are having this same issue and Samsung will not issue a recall or at the very least fix the issues at their own expense. We paid alot of money for this fridge to have these issues. We have been through all the troubleshooting options offered by Samsung And all I get is "well you'll have to pay to have it serviced" ($280 for the part plus "whatever the servicer charges") This would be different if this was an issues that our fridge just happened a to have. But given it is a PRODUCT issue, as costumers we should not be burdened with the very expensive cost to fix it. 

If you know how to join the suit or how to fix this ice maker issue, please provide us with information. Our model is: RF261BEAESG

Thank you

Asteroid

Re: Ice maker issues- lawsuit?

We would rather resolve this with Samsung, but are not willing to be charged what this would cost given the aforementioned.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Each case outcome is on a case by case basis as there are many underlying factors that have to be looked over. If you would like to see if you qualify for any accommodations, please send the full model and serial number via private message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

How do we send a private message?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies! I thought I put the link in there! Here you go: http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

I have Model Number: RF263BEAESG and I am having cooling and ice maker issues with it freezing over and no longer producing ice. I been trying to get a full refund but I been getting nothing but the run around. I am not liking your support. I have bought lots of prodcuts from samsung and I am about to no longer be a samsung customer ever again because of this experience. I just need a full refund so I can purchase a new fridge. !!!!!