cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have a french door Samsung, that was purchased abuot 18 months ago. Started having the ice maker freeze itself up about 2 months ago. Have thawed it and reset it twice now, and it keeps refreezing. The actually box fits securely, and i tried several of the recommendations on this site to no avail. Samsung customer service just asks me to check the filter (which is a month old), or to call a technician and have to pay them to fix their problem. This has to be one of the worst product flaws i've ever experienced.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having same issues for a long time now. Even the fridge doesn's keep things cool. Milk and food expire quicker than it should. Is samsung fixing these in a recall?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the Samsung model no. RF28R7351SG/AA for about six months. Ran fine for about 4 months and the ice maker stopped feeding ice. Tried to get the ice tray out and you know the rest since you are looking at this blog. One hour with a blow drier and we were back to normal. Made ice and worker fine for about 4 weeks. Checked it about two weeks in and the build up had started but I could get the bucket out. Four weeks it is jambed again. This is a design flaw. Come on Samsung make it right. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I made the mistake of purchasing the French door refidgerator model RF28JBEDBSR/AA. The ice maker needs to be continually defrosted manually. It is to the point that this now needs to be done every few weeks. I cannot get a repair man to fix it because they said it will only fail again since it is a faulty design. What can we do to make this right? 

Thanks,

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice maker in my Samsung French door refrigerator is frozen over and stopped working.  It has also leaked water into the area under the crisper drawer until overflowing.  I see this has been a problem for a couple of years given the posting dates in the community blog. I also see where a class action lawsuit has been brought to address the issue.  How do I need to handle this and what will Samsung do to make it right?

Model #RF28HFEDTSR. Serial #<HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator RF23J9011SG/Aa in May 2016. The warranty has expired since then.  I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now every couple of weeks I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.   I've seen numerous complaints for years now from other owners with the same icemaker problems and I can't believe that Samsung has yet to take ownership of this design flaw and provide the requisite repairs.  This is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least. Please help!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our refrigerator keeps on accumulating water on the bottom of the veggies drawers decomposing all the veggies and fruits inside of them.  Also the ice  maker  keeps on dripping water making big chunks of ice that I have to defrost.  Please advise on what to do and how to fix it.  This. has been going on for too long now and I've heard that it seems this is a recurrent problem on this model of refrigerator.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung fridge model RF28HFEDBSR/AA.
I am having both an icing on the back panel and the ice tray maker issues. The vents in the back of the fridge have ice popping out of them and the fridge is not getting very cold.  It seems there are multiple fixes for each issue. Is there a troubleshooting guide to repairing these?

I asked for Samsung to repair but they said no warranty/kick rocks. So it looks like even though this is a common issue I will have to repair myself. I have seen on this forum multiple solutions to these issues. Is there a troubleshooting guide for this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a recently purchased refrigerator model RF28HMEDBSR/AA worked fine for a while, then the ice maker compltly froze over and ice stops being made. I have read that this is a very common issue. why is there no fix. I have read that you can use a hair dryer and defrost it, but that is not a fix just a way to delay the problem for a few weeks. As this is a desgn issue, is there a fix or replacement. Has there been a recall?  Sounds like there should be. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a problem with our ice maker where it keeps freezing up. I have tried a number of things, but defrosting the ice maker a couple times a week is the best way to keep the ice coming. 

We have since started to just go back to making our own ice in trays. 

What is Samsung willing to do to resolve this issue? 

I have been following the Class-Action Lawsuit (link below), but I am more interested in some real action. 

https://www.classaction.org/blog/looking-for-updates-on-the-samsung-ice-maker-lawsuit-heres-everythi...