cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone continuing to have reoccurring issues with the ice maker in the rf28jbedbsg/aa model of Samsung refrigerators? The ice maker continues to freeze over, which henders the production of ice cubes.  We're so frustrated essentially since we've always had great experiences with Samsung products (televisions, sound bars, washing machine/dryers, dishwasher, stove, etc.). Wondering if anyone has figured out a resolution. I'd hate to switch all of my major kitchen appliances (to something other than Samsung) because of this matter.

image.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this EXACT same issue. I had to have a repair company come out, and fix the issue, but now it runs like a champ

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

We have a solid frozen Icemaker door on our refrigerator rfg297hdrs. I looked on youtube and there's thousands of people with similar problems.. Do you plan to fix them or issue a recall?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

never buy any kitchen products. My ice maker became a block of ice like many other customers as I'm learning, and I have to pay hundreds to get it fixed!? As a customers we have to do something. If anyone know how we can get Samsung to take responsibility for their lack of ethics or if there's any current lawsuits pending please reply and let me know. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2HJtSqLtQ8     I will be happy to look in to this for you. Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had problems with the ice maker for the past two years. I have to take a hairdryer and defrost the ice maker because it keeps icing over preventing ice from dropping and making ice. Having to defrost it every two weeks is ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same thing. I've had it for less than 2 years!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is poorly designed. It looks like everyone is having this issue. I need them to recall the ice makers and make replacements. I paid $3500 for this refrigerator and I should not have these problems!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the same issue with my Fridge, worked great for a year and now it's frosted over every month requiring a full defrost. :/ 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact problem with my ice maker and now have to defrost every 2 weeks 

Serial # <hidden>

Model# RF28HMEDBSR/AA

Need repair/replacement at no cost 

Thank you. Stephen Hume