cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

RF28HFEDTSR/AA Having the same problem since day one it started with ice maker freezing up then leaking out the back damaging my floor! Now it's not making ice at all and still leaking and water also collects under my drawer then freezes which causes it to smell and drawer gets stuck in the ice and won't open. This is horrible I have been dealing with the defrosting then it will work for a week if im lucky but leaks everywhere. They should be accountable for selling junk! I paid over $2000.00 for this headache something needs to be done! Staying away from Samsung products. Buyer beware they do not stand by their product!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userYriS1cighZ, please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Fortunately we had the wherewithal to get an extended service plan on our Samsung fridge - good thing, because after multiple service calls, the technician said it was a design flaw and beyond economical repair. We got a code forcing Samsung to buy the fridge back: which they did, on the condition that we cut the power cord and dispose of it. Which we happily did. Samsung makes great phones and TVs - appliances? Never again. Samsung seems determined to get the new, shiny product to market no matter what... even if it's not ready. My 2¢

Constellation

How did you get a code?  I purchased my refrigerator back in 2/2016 & we've had it serviced for the same ice maker problem multiple times. The last time we had it serviced, 2/2020 of course a few days after our extended warranty expired, we were told it could NEVER BE FIXED. 

Constellation

Samsung refuses to issue a code for a replacement unless there has been two repairs made. Any way around this?

Astronaut

How did you get a code?

We have had our fridge since 2017 and was lucky we got an extended warantee. The repair guy is coming out again today to replace the icemaker for the 4th time. Now it is leaking water also. It is ridiculous. We are tired of it.

What did you have to do to get your problem resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Asteroid

We also purchased the extended warranty with our pricey purchase-including refrigerator, stove/oven, and over the counter microwave.

We got a new icebox and the serviceman said while he was here said "Hmm, why doesn't your fresh drawer work". News to us. The third refrigerator door has obviously never worked.

Astronaut

I have never done anything like this before, but I'm having so much trouble with my refridgerator.  Leaks all the time either from the ice maker or from the drain in the back.  Only 3 years old and have had to repair it 4 times already.  Called Samsung and they want all my paperwork.  Can't even give me recommendation!!!!!  I thought it was such a nice machine and now I think it's a piece of garbage

@user2qUJ27FSTt wrote:

First and foremost Samsung has the worst refrigerators we have ever had and we run several property rentals. We have the RS22HDHPNWW/AA S/N <hidden> refrigerator and have had nothing but problems from the beginning. First of all there is bubbling under the icemaker and rust and our repair man from home depot told us this was caused by a defect in the model design. Secondly it has gone out on us multiple times starting the first year a d we have lost thousands if dollars worth of food. Who else has had similar problems? I think its time for ANOTHER class action lawsuit.

!!  I will never buy Samsung again!!!!

Constellation

I would like to join the law suit too- We have a Samsung RF263BEAESR/AA refrigerator that we purchased 3 years ago from Lowe's and the ice maker has given us problems from day 1!

-ice maker freezes up sometimes melting ice into a lump/other times jamming with ice cubes.

-water leaks out when ice dispenser is pushed

These issues have us manually defrosting our ice maker every week-THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN TO A $2,000+ Samsung refrigerator!! 
We purchased Samsung products for our entire house-refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, stove,washer/dryer, TV's and phones.

I am contacting Consumer Affairs and my local TV station.

Astronaut

Our RF23HCEDBSR refrigerator needed $1000 worth of repairs a year and half after we had it delivered.  The condenser behind the interior panel ices up, so when the fan kicks on it hits the ice, and makes an increasingly louder noise.  The repair worked for about 2 years and now I have to defrost the condenser every 4 weeks.  And now the ice maker is starting to do the same thing.  I contacted Samsung about buying it back for a percentage of the original cost, but they will only do that if it's been repaired multiple times.  What's the point?  Absolute garbage.  If there is a lawsuit, I'm in.

The pictures below show 3 separate ice build-ups and the current state of the ice maker.

IMG_8816.JPEGIMG_9087.JPEGIMG_9167.JPEGIMG_9180.JPEG