cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator ice maker freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That didn't work. Can I set up the technician through private message?

7048DA12-0349-4351-A030-D5EDC3345A26.jpeg

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung refrig model number RF28JBEDBSG, ice maker has been replaced once by you and now its not working again, can you help?  

thank you,

Lynn M C....

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have way too many problems with the ice maker in my refrigerator. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

V h

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too I have had my repaired 3x in a year and a half

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide a little more information about your symptoms? Is it not making ice? Not dispensing ice? Can you also provide your full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not worth the money I paid for this....

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing Up and Causing Other Issues (MANY MODELS)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To the Office of the President, Samsung Electronics America, Inc.

My name is Randy Brazell, I am the Executive Producer and General Manager for a Nationally Syndicated Morning Radio Show, with Premiere Networks.

I am one of your customers that owns a RF28HMEDBSR/AA refrigerator.  My serial number is <HIDDEN> - The serial number tag says it is Rev. 03.  I purchased it from Lowes in Charlotte, N.C.

Like so many other people - I began having issues with this refrigerator, a little over a year and a half after buying it. -- Based on the numerous service bulletins I’ve found on the web, it would seem that all of the issues I am having are related to the faulty design of the ice maker.  -  I know that a class action lawsuit is in the works, but I also know that no one will walk away from that happy, except for the lawyers on both sides. 

The short truth of the matter is that, every now and then, I just get so mad about this, all over again.  I spent nearly $2,000.00 for an appliance that should last an average of 15 to 20 years, but something went wrong with it in less than two.  And ok, it’s out of warranty.  But it’s not that I’m not willing to pay to have it repaired, it’s that I’m told that it can’t be repaired.  That’s the part that rubs me wrong.

Well, today was one of those days and here I am mad all over again.  As I was scrolling through the plethora of people with the same problem as me, I stumbled onto a “Consumer Action” news story done by a Florida TV station, and noticed they had left an email address on a letter where Samsung was agreeing to provide a refund, for the exact same issue that I have, after being contacted by the reporter for comment. 

This gives me renewed enthusiasm to plead my case. Only this time, it’s not to the dozen or more unsympathetic ears at a call center, it’s directly to you, the Office of the President for the manufacturer…

I’ve had all of the same problems as others have complained about and Samsung has failed to acknowledge. — Problems like; frost and ice forming inside the ice maker, preventing it from working; noisy fans in the back right side, supposedly due to ice forming where it shouldn't be; water collecting in the lower shelves and occasionally on our hardwood floor; and finally, we started noticing food was spoiling. Even though the front panel temperature was reading safe temperatures, the actual interior temperatures were measuring between 42-48 degrees..

I have made many, many calls to 800-SAMSUNG, but since I was already out of warranty, that process only proved to be an insanely frustrating act of futility. - The call center reps were extremely unsympathetic and wholly unhelpful. - Even though this was a well documented issue, they claimed no knowledge of it. - Regardless, I was repeatedly told that I would get a call from an "authorized" repair agent to schedule an appointment, but no call ever came. - So, I found myself stuck in a vicious circle of having to again call 800-SAMSUNG, re-explain my whole issue all over again, only to be told to wait for a call to schedule service that would never come.  This happened so often that I figured they were just trying to frustrate me to the point that I would just give up.  

I repeatedly asked representatives to just give me the number for the repair agent, so I could call them myself.  Three different representatives, on three different calls, told me they didn’t have a number. Finally, I asked for a supervisor and she went the extra step to look up the phone number and provided it to me.  From there, I started trying to call the repair facility - but every call went straight to their voicemail. - I left dozens - I mean literally dozens - of messages, but never got a single call back.  I figured, fine, I’ll call an independent repair facility.  After being told, “we don’t work on Samsung appliances..” by 8 or 10 shops, I found a company online that was also listed as being Samsung authorized.  -  So, I scheduled an appointment online for a refrigerator repair, without specifying my model or issue.  When the technician arrived at my home, I walked him into our kitchen where he promptly refused to work on our refrigerator! — He ticked off the list of issues I was having, without me filling him in.  He told me that the issue was a Samsung design defect pertaining to the ice maker being installed in the warmer air of the refrigerator, and was simply unrepairable. — I showed him the service bulletin that I had found online, and he said he was aware of it and had done that exact repair himself — but went on to say it would not fix the problem and it would just do the same thing again. 

Still not willing to take such an expensive loss, I searched again for someone to repair it.  I found an independent repairman that agreed to come look at it.  He said he knew there was an issue with the ice makers for our model and several others, all made by Samsung.  But he also said it couldn’t be repaired, adding; “It’s just a bad design.” — He suggested we take everything out of the refrigerator, unplug it for a couple of days, to give it time to completely defrost, and then turn off the ice maker and the water supply.  At least that way we would still have a refrigerator to store our food in.

Well, that was what we did.  For the last several years we have done without the ice and water dispensing from the door.  We buy bagged ice, which not only takes up a lot of freezer space, but also serves as a daily reminder of just how bad of a decision it was to buy a Samsung refrigerator.  So, I guess the call center was right, I finally was frustrated enough to just go away - at least until I get mad all over again…

As a company, you should be embarrassed by this.  Turning your back on thousands of your customers, when they’re all voicing the same complaint, is just bad business.  I understand that this is potentially a very expensive mistake, but this is a product that your company designed, marketed and sold to your customers.  For me, know that the reason I bought this refrigerator was because it was a Samsung.  I had never owned a Samsung product that disappointed me or required service.  So, I trusted you without question.  That kind of brand loyalty is very hard to come by - and nearly impossible to get back..

I still want to believe that you will do the right thing.  So please, if you can’t provide me with a way to fix it, just replace it with one that isn’t suffering from these issues - or refund my purchase and take it away.  Of course, if you have another solution in mind, I’m open to your suggestions.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully submitted,

Randy Brazell

<HIDDEN PERSONAL INFO>

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing Up and Causing Other Issues (MANY MODELS)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you heard anything back?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing Up and Causing Other Issues (MANY MODELS)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not yet. - But I originally posted it on Friday evening (06/05/20) and it was promptly taken down - I complained to the moderator on Saturday morning and it was restored to the forum a few hours later. - I sent the same text to the email I culled from the Florida TV News Station story.. - I'm sure it won't get to the "Office of the President" for several days... - I'll post any follow-ups I receive.. - fingers crossed..